Always You

Warning ⚠️ (Mature Content Ahead 😈)

—————————————————-

Kavina's POV

"Ma, I'm here! Is everything okay?!" I yelled, running into the house

When I got to the living room, I was shocked to see her laughing, sipping tea with someone I thought I'd never have to run into again.

My, I guess somewhat ex husband, Elia.

"Um, what's going on? You texted me, there was an emergency

"Um, what's going on? You texted me, there was an emergency." I said, looking between the two.

"I'd ran out of my favorite tea, and to my surprise, Elia came by, and brought me some." She said, taking a slow sip, and I knew that was a lie.

This had to be a set up.

"Really, Ma? I'm supposed to be in an important meeting right now, but I thought something serious was going on. I don't have time for this." I huffed, turning on my heels, about to walk out.

"Kavina, wait. It was my idea. I wanted to see you. I needed to see you." Elia said, quickly walking over, and taking my hand, stopping me from leaving.

"For what? I kept my end of the deal, and you got what you wanted. Why are you here?" I asked, taking my hand out of his, feeling confused.

Elia and I were married for only two years, due to a deal we made, and a contract we signed.

He needed a wife to fulfill his dad's wishes, before taking over his company for him.

He had a girlfriend at the time, but his dad didn't trust her, nor like her, and wasn't handing over the company, if he knew Elia would choose her to be his wife.

My family is a friend of his, and I'd just graduated, from getting my PhD in psychology, and had been working part time at a mental hospital.

I was looking to open my own practice, when Elia came to me, asking me to be his wife, and in return he'd help me open my practice.