Dance With Somebody 3x17

Start from the beginning

"Look, this week isn't about passing judgment on Whitney. It's about celebrating her legacy, honoring her memory, her accomplishments-"

"Which I will happily list for you." Kurt butts in as he leans forward.

"But I also want you guys to use her songs to get underneath your own feelings. To express and explore what's really going on with you." Mr. Schuester explains causing Blake to furrow her eyebrows.

"I don't get it, Mr. Shue. What's really going on with us?" Finn questions, making Blake giggle. Almost like he read her mind.

"Well, for most of you, these next few weeks will be your last here at McKinley. Lots of changes coming up, lots of saying good-bye. To your friends, to your significant others, to the last four years of your life."

Blake frowns at her teachers words, her eyes falling to the floor beneath her. She begins to bounce her leg up and down nervously. She wasn't ready to say goodbye to her family at McKinley. It all went by way too quickly, and now in a mere few weeks, they'll all be scattered. Gone.

"For a young person, all that transition can be overwhelming. So it's easier to focus on other things. Like not being able to say good-bye to Whitney Houston."

"What are you talking about?" Santana asks from her seat behind Blake.

"Santana, it's okay. I get it. You're hanging on to Whitney because it's difficult to handle the upheaval in your own lives." Mr. Schue explains as if he knows exactly what's going on in their heads.

Santana scoffs irritably, "We're hanging on to Whitney because she was incredible and we love her, so don't put your baggage on us."

"You guys, Mr. Shue's attempt to understand us, though misguided, doesn't matter. What matters is that I start rehearsing Whitney's version of 'The Star-Spangled Banner' immediately." Rachel rambles on as Blake fights the urge to roll her eyes. Nobody is ever going to recreate Whitney's performance of that song. No matter how hard they try. "It is the Mount Everest of anthems."

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗

Blake smiles as she notices Quinn wheeling up to her in the hallway. The blonde girl looks at her best friend excitedly as she comes to a halt in front of her. She looks Blake up and down as she grabs her hands.

"Your ankle looks great!" Quinn exclaims.

"It feels great." Blake admits. "It's still a little swollen, but I'm finally cleared to dance on it."

Quinn's face falls and Blake realizes her mistake, "I'm so sorry Q. I didn't mean to be insensitive."

Quinn shakes her head, "No, don't apologize. I know you didn't mean anything by it. I'm happy you can dance again." She smiles up at her brunette friend.

Blake tries to shake the guilt she feels after what she says and she tilts her head, "How's physical therapy going? I heard Joe is going with you."

The blonde nods, "He just started coming with me. It's definitely been a lot less depressing with him there."

"You know if you ever want me to go, I'd love to." Blake tells her. "Then maybe I can take you out to dinner afterwards."

Quinn raises an eyebrow, "Are you asking me out?" She teases.

Blake's face flushed red, "Uh- I-" She stutters and quickly clears her throat, "No." She answers.

"I'm kidding." Quinn laughs. "I didn't actually think you'd get nervous over it."

Blake chuckles, "Can you blame me? You are a beautiful woman."

"Thanks." Quinn smiles with amusement. "But I think Joe is good enough company." She grins happily, making Blake raise an eyebrow.