Part 23 - Blooming love and friendship

Y/n's POV
I see Mingyu sitting on the stairs outside my apartment, engrossed in his phone.

Y/n: "Hey, Mingyu?"
Mingyu: "Oh, hey?" [He pretends not to have noticed me, although I saw him coming up from the lift, so I sit here.]
Y/n: "What are you doing here?"
Mingyu: "Nothing much. I was actually going upstairs, but then one of my friends texted me, so I decided to reply to him. By the way, did you just arrive?"
Y/n: "Yeah, V dropped me off."
Mingyu: "Why didn't he come upstairs?"
Y/n: "He's leaving for Jeju Island for work, so he dropped me here, and he'll be joining the boys at the airport."

Mingyu's POV
Now that Y/n will spend some time with me, I don't want to jeopardize her relationship with V in any way. But I also want to hang out with my friend for a bit. Is it wrong to feel like this?

Y/n's POV
Mingyu seems lost in thought, his expression deep and contemplative. I wonder what's on his mind.

Y/n: "Hey, Mingyu? Come inside; I'm feeling a bit tired. Let's have some coffee and talk. There's so much I want to share with you."

Mingyu: "Really? Let's go inside. I'll prepare coffee, and in the meantime, you can freshen up a bit."

Y/n: "Yeah."

Mingyu's POV
As she opens the gate and heads inside, I make my way to the kitchen to prepare some coffee for both of us. She returns to the hall, holding a Pikachu soft toy.

Mingyu: "Hey, when did you buy this?"

Y/n: "This is the first gift from V to me. Isn't it sweet?"

Mingyu: "Really? That's sweet."

Y/n's POVI proceed to tell Mingyu everything about my time with V

Y/n's POV
I proceed to tell Mingyu everything about my time with V. From the amusement park to his house and the lunch with JK and Jimin, I share all the details. I keep JK's mention of V's past relationship a secret, but aside from that, I spill the beans. I can see how happy Mingyu is for me, and it warms my heart

Mingyu' s POV
While She is telling me about V, BTS, and his house, I can see a different spark in her eyes. she looks genuinely happy, and it warms my heart. I want both of them to be happy, and I don't want to be the one to ruin their happiness. At the same time, I don't want to lose her as a friend. I felt a pang of jealousy when I saw V kiss on her forehead earlier, but I need to be happy for them.

Y/n: "Hey, what are you thinking?"
Mingyu: "I am happy for you both. I really want to see you both together. There's something I want to share with you, but I'm waiting for the right time."
Y/n: "What is it? You can tell me now."
Mingyu: "No, not now. But just remember, I really value our friendship. I don't want to lose this bond we have. You are important to me. At the same time, I don't want you to misunderstand me. If you ever hear something about me, I want you to talk to me first. I've never lied to you, but I've kept some things about me hidden, and I plan to tell you about them at the right time."
Y/n: "Hey, what's wrong? Why are you getting serious all of a sudden? Are you okay? Is something wrong?"
Mingyu: "Nothing, y/n. It's just that in my past, some close bonds misjudged me. I know I made some mistakes, but they were never intentional. Anyway, let's leave it. I just want you to always believe that I can never hurt you."
Y/n: "I trust you. You're the first person who has made me feel safe and secure here. How can I not believe my first friend in this unknown country? So don't worry, and I want you to tell me everything just as I tell you everything. But I'm waiting for the day you come up to me and share things with me on your own."
Mingyu "Thanks."