XXIX

That day, you returned to your room with a heart full of warmth and great memories in your head that'll probably last a lifetime.
However it was now that you realised the emptiness within your room.
"Copia?", you asked and looked around, however there was no answer. You just shrugged your shoulders and appreciated your alone time by taking a long, hot bath while having your newly bought candles dance within the dark.
After then having slipped in something comfortable, you decided paying your boyfriend a visit and check up on how his day went. The last thing you heard was that he'd spend the day with the Ghouls so chances are high they convinced him to some tomfoolery and he might be facing you now with blue hair or a tattoo that says "punch me in the face".
You shook your head with a chuckle at the thought of it as you knocked on his door. As there was no answer, you suddenly remembered he'd left a key for his chambers at your place in case you wanted to come and visit him so you decided to just let yourself in and wait for him there.
However just as you had opened the door, you heard water running in the bathroom so he was probably just showering right now. Nevertheless, you'd thought you'd get in and surprise him when he's out, yet that plan was foiled as Sister Imperator suddenly walked across the corner.
"Oh sister Y/n, it's so nice to see you", she greeted you friendly which almost had you feel a little suspicious.
"It's nice to see you as well, Sister. Is there anything I can help you with?", you asked kindly and she pointed at the half opened door to Copia's chambers.
"Actually, I just came by to see C- I mean the Cardinal"
"Well he's in the shower right now so-"
"Is that him?", she then asked and raised an eyebrow.

You looked at her, at first totally confused, yet as you suddenly heard the melody of an angelic like voice echoing from behind the bathroom door, your jaw almost dropped to the ground. You recognised Copia's voice, yet you'd never heard him sing like this.
"I- well I suppose yes, that sounds like him", you stutter totally perplexed and overwhelmed and sister didn't seem any better.
"What a voice!", she exclaimed and you agreed with a slow nod.
You were just at loss for words but at the same time, at the verge of tears only by the sound of that bliss your ears were experiencing at this very moment.
"I have to leave", Sister then suddenly spoke and left the hallway with quick steps and you were left even more confused than before.
But suddenly, you heard the water stopped and figured Copia wouldn't like walking out the shower with not more than a towel covering himself, if he even thought about covering up within his own chambers, and meeting the fact that his door stood open for the whole ministry to see whatever there was to see.
With that thought in mind, you just quickly sneaked inside and made it just in time for just as you had reached the kitchen, the bathroom door swung open and Copia stepped outside with just a towel around his waist while drying his hair with another one.
His messy hair could've made you melt here and now but his slight abs showing underneath his well fed belly was what got your cheeks blushing and your thoughts to an unholy place.
"H-hey", you greeted him with flushed cheeks and he flinched a little, not having noticed you before. Yet, as his eyes met yours, a bright smile quickly graced his lips and he opened his arms for you to storm to him and involve you in a big hug.

"Hey, amore", he greeted you and rested his chin on your head.
"How're you feeling?", you asked and felt his hug around you getting tighter.
"Great because you are here. But no worries, I've been well all day and had great fun with the Ghouls"
"Glad you're well!"
"But what about you, are you alright?
I have to admit I didn't expect to see you here"
"I'm good but I missed you and since you gave me a key, I thought I'd come by"
"And I'm glad you did"
You soon sat down on his sofa and cuddled while telling one another about your day.
"Oh please tell me you had Kartoffelpuffer potato pancakes!", he told you excited as you mentioned lunch to quickly get the topic off the shopping so your outfit would remain a surprise for him. You nodded happily as answer to his question.
"Actually, I did! They were so amazing and together with the apple mouse it was scrumptious!"
"It's my go to meal for when I'm in Germany for services"
"We need to go together next time", you told him and his gaze went soft.
"I'd love nothing more", he told you and pressed a soft kiss onto your lips.