XXI

CW: Assault (no sa and it doesn't go very far, though it might trigger someone nevertheless)

Shortly after your schedule for the ritual had been approved by Aurora, you already found yourself in the car driving to the venue. You were squeezed between Sodo and Cumulus on the Ghoul's ride, driven by Copia next to whom you sadly couldn't sit as he was the one driving and the clergy insisted he'd sit alone so none of the Ghouls would distract him. Before that, the Ghouls used to take turns with driving, yet ever since Swiss's last turn where he almost crashed the van into a McDonald's, it was a strict rule that Ghouls were forbidden to drive and Copia was the clergy member in charge of them so he'd be the one driving. All ride long you tried talking to him, yet he just blocked you off every time you tried starting a conversation.
"Don't worry, he's usually pretty quiet when he's driving", Mountain tried reassuring you but you knew that was wrong, he was fairly talkative when driving to the restaurant a few days back. It slowly dawned on you that something was off but you decided not to mention it for now and just ask him about it later in private.

The rest of the ride, Aether and Sodo just kept throwing picks at each other whilst Cumulus and Cirrus cuddled in the corner and Sunshine played Uno with Rain, Mountain and Swiss.
"So according to what Primo taught me...", she mumbled to herself and laid a 'take 4' card with a shy smirk.
"Pah, Secondo taught me the merciless way of winning", Rain exclaimed and added another 'take 4' card with an evil smile. Phantom proudly patted Rains back as he observed the game over his shoulder. After another round of 'which Papa is the better teacher' and 'take 4' later, Swiss was at defeat and gritted his teeth as he took 24 cards from the stack.
"I can't believe this", he muttered angrily and Mountain just shrugged his shoulders.
"That's what happens when you ask Nihil for UNO advice", he chuckled and suddenly the van made a little movement to the side which nearly threw you off your seat. The cards seemed to have shifted and Rain tried stacking them back together, yet Swiss insisted that the 'take 24' are now invalid and he'd only have to take 16.
"That doesn't make it any better, Swissy", you hear Sunshine chuckle in the back as you throw a concerned look to the driver's cabin.
"Everything alright over there, C?", you asked worried while grabbing onto your belt.
His stare was absently pinned to the streets as he just gave you a "mhm" for an answer and you started feeling a weight of discomfort in your stomach. He was clearly lying.

Luckily, you arrived at the venue about ten minutes later and after you had managed to climb over the mess of cards and picks that's been caused in the van, you gathered all sisters behind the stage for a last review of the evening.
"We've got half an hour from now on, make sure to take last improvements on Make-up and Uniform and gather back here in fifteen minutes to prepare the wafers".
Everyone gave you a nod before the group disbanded and you stood alone behind the stage. You thought about checking on your Make-up as well and made your way to the wardrobe area, thinking about how you'd confront Copia about his behaviour later, as exactly he stumbled out the door and directly in front of you.
Quickly, you figured he just changed and felt your cheeks run deep red as you watched the new red cassock swing lightly around him and highlight his hips perfectly.
For a second you forgot what you were even doing here but got reminded quickly as someone waved their hand in front of your eyes which made you return from all daydreams that cassock had just caused.
"You alright?", Copia asked worried and you quickly nodded your head.
Even though the two of you have been dating for about a week now, he didn't need to know just yet what the view of him in that cassock caused inside of you.

"Yes, yes I'm alright", you told him and he gave you a rather awkward nod. Something was definitely off.
"But actually, I've been wanting to ask-"
"Sister!", a desperate, female voice suddenly interrupted you and the timing couldn't have been worse.
"Please, there's an emergency with Sister Lilith!"
Your eyes widened and you quickly told Copia you'd catch up with him later before you quickly followed the sister over to the Make-up tent.
"What's wrong?", you asked as you got there and squeezed past the sisters surrounding sister Lilith who laid on the ground with a deep red face, gasping for air. Thankfully, she was already take care of, yet you could only imagine the effect her absence would have on tonight's dynamics.
"She's had an allergic reaction, nothing lethal but she won't be able to perform tonight"
Your heart dropped, this was a nightmare! The sisters were on in ten and Lilith's position was vital to the ritual!
There was only one solution, you had to replace her and take her role for tonight even though you weren't prepared for it. Within seconds you ran down the stairs to get backstage where you equipped yourself with Lilith's tray and lead the sisters on stage.

You had no time to process any of this so when you realised what the hell was going on, it was already too late and you found yourself standing on the stage, next to Terzo who explained that you and the sisters will be going around, handing out wafers to the people in the front row.
At least the congregation seemed to have fun, all of them looked up to Papa with admiration glooming in their eyes, it was beautiful to watch. But no time for long watches, the Papa made a gesture with his hands which was the sign for you and the sisters to begin. Your part was the left half which was full of nice people, they all accepted the wafers and gave you warm smiles which made you forget about the horrible circumstances that brought you into this position.

Yet, what sent unpleasant shivers down your spine was the last person you were to serve, a man who'd been shouting shit around all night. Even though it were just a few harmless words, you didn't know what else he might do as he seemed pretty filled up.
You tried acting normal nevertheless and held your tray out for him to take a wafer.
"What about the wine?", he suddenly grumbled.
"Excuse me?", you asked a little taken aback, though the strong smell of alcohol coming from him told you he's already had more than enough.
"Papa's got wine, why don't we?"
"I'm afraid only the satanic Pope may receive the unholy wine of our clergy", you answered politely, yet starting to panic a little at the menacing manner he suddenly moved.
He grunted dissatisfied and suddenly grabbed your arm by which he pulled you closer to himself. You let out a little scream and dropped the tray in shock.
"Bring me some god damn wine I said!", he slurred and you tried getting out his grip, without success.
"Let me go!", you screamed at him and tried kicking him.
"Stop kicking me you slut!", he yelled and tightened his grip which made you hiss in pain.
"Hey!", a voice suddenly growled behind you and you recognised it with an instant. You heard his steps approach you and could've cried from relief as you watched his gloved hand grab the drunken man's.
"Let her go", he demanded but the man shook his head.
"I want my wine first!", the man insisted and suddenly you could see Copia's face move closer to the other man's. Whatever his expression must've looked like, you were glad you couldn't see it for it caused the man's eyes to widen in fear.
"I said let her go", Copia repeated his demands in a threatening tone and the man immediately dropped your arm from his grasp. You sighed relieved and stepped back from the man.
"You touch her one more time and I'll make sure you never touch anything ever again", he hissed, let go off the man and laid his arm tightly around you.
"Let's get out of here, babe", he spoke confidently in a lowered voice that sent shivers down your spine as he helped you walk backstage. The man was left flabbergasted and soon dragged away by the security. Only the devil knows what he saw in Copia's eyes that night.