II

You were in the depths of your fantasy where you dreamt of your hometown, the sleepy town where the most tragic thing that ever happened was when the mayor's dog run away.
Knock Knock Knock
You felt your mind rapidly leave the peaceful town to return to where you were at this very moment. Slowly, you lifted your head and squinted your eyes, carefully scanning your surrounding. You began to remember you left home and moved to the ministry, last night was your first and you were too tired to settle in properly.
Knock Knock Knock again.
You rubbed your eyes and slowly creeped out of bed before you opened your door to see a slightly taller, thinner Ghoulette with a huge grin on her face.
"You're up!", she exclaimed happily and wrapped her arms around you.
"I'm Sunshine, welcome to the Clergy, Sister!"
Still not fully awake, you slowly hugged her back.
"Thank you very much, Sunshine"
Her name truly fits her you thought to yourself while loosening the hug.
"I came to tell you to get ready for breakfast, you will find your clothes in that drawer over there. Once you're done, I will lead you downstairs and you can meet the others! They're all so excited to make your acquaintance!"
You gave her a faint smile.
"Sounds exciting".
You then retreated into your room to get changed. To your relief, the sister of sin's outfit fit with your taste so it wasn't much of a challenge to get warm with it. It was now that you took a moment to look around your room. The walls were painted in your favourite colour/pattern and above your bed throned a huge window, giving you a marvellous view over the nearby woods.
"I'll definitely go for a walk there", you mumbled to yourself as you checked the bathroom. White marble tales with golden strings coveted the lower halves of the walls while the upper ones were painted in a crème-white. Your jaw almost dropped at the huge bathtub, it seemed big enough for two people to take a bath in it.
"Unbelievable!", you then spoke to yourself as you found a little basket with soap, shampoo, bath bombs and candles.
"We wish you a warm welcome with lots of relaxation. -The Clergy", you read on the note attached to the basket. The thoughtful gesture brought a smile onto your face and you would've lover to take a bath right now but you knew you had somewhere to be so you made your way back to sunshine as you also were starting to feel a little hungry.
"You look stunning in that outfit, you'll be the prettiest of all sisters!", Sunshine almost jumped at you speaking while you blushed a little at her comment.
Shortly after, you two found yourselves at the entrance to the dinning hall, loud chatter already echoing through the door.
"Ready?", Sunshine asked and you gave her a nod.
"Ready."
Sunshine opened the doors and suddenly a huge crowd of people turned around to look at you with big eyes. Immediately, the whispering began.
"Of course", you whispered under your breath.
"Come here", sunshine slowly lead you over to a long table where an assembly of Ghouls and Ghoulettes were sat with their breakfast.
As they saw you and Sunshine coming over to them, they all jumped up.
"You must be Sister y/n!"
"It's so good to meet you!"
They all gathered around you and introduced themselves to you.
After a long and intense moment of chatting, you knew you got along best with Swiss, Phantom and Cumulus, of course besides Cirrus and Sunshine. Though, everyone was being super nice and lovely and you knew you all would be super close eventually.
"It's a petty Rain can't be here but sadly, he's ill and you know one shouldn't mess with Ghoul fever"
Everyone pulled a face, knowing exactly how nasty it was.
"We should get-", Cumulus began but was interrupted as the huge entrance door was being opened once again.
A man in a red cassock suddenly jumped up from his seat and ran over to the entrance, standing there fiddling with his fingers while mumbling something to himself.
"This is the Cardinal I told you about yesterday", Cirrus whispered, pointing at his direction.
"Copia", you spoke to yourself, remembering his name as you tried catching a closer glimpse of him.
"Papa Emeritus the Third", someone suddenly announced in a loud voice and a significantly short man in a huge chasuble entered the hall with fast but calm steps. He stopped next to the Cardinal who whispered something in his ear. You took a moment to study the two men, both had something mysterious to them you couldn't quite make out. Their eyes were dark, pinned strict to wherever they were looking while the men themselves barely made any unnecessary movements. Their whole presence was strong, the Papa's heavily beamed very self confidence. Even though same could not be said about the Cardinal who seemed rather nervous and insecure, there still was a certain curiosity towards him. He radiated both positivity, such as darkness which was why you didn't mind only watching him from afar for the moment, though you couldn't oversee his handsomeness which almost made you feel a little attracted to him.

Shortly after, the two of them took a seat between other clergy members and you pinched an eyebrow.
"The higher ups eat with us here?", you ask a little confused and everyone at your table bursted out in laughter.
"Did you think he has a personal dining hall or something?", Sodo chuckled and you blushed a little, embarrassed to admit you did actually believe something like that.
"Don't worry, he's friendlier and more social than he might appear at the moment. His chasuble always makes him look so serious", Phantom rolled his eyes playfully.
"But what do you make of him now that you've seen him in person?"
You tilted your head a little.
"He definitely seems very majestic but.. shorter than expected I have to admit", you chuckled a little and as did the others.
"You're right but wait until you've met him in person, every sister and brother here is after him and his charm", Aether wiggled his eyebrows and you turned your gaze back to the Papa. He certainly was attractive but you couldn't imagine yourself falling head over heals for him which made you even more excited for the hearing in the afternoon, who knows what you'll think after having talked to him.