XV

Neither you nor Copia managed to fall asleep the following night, your hearts still raced as your minds rewinded everything that's happened. Though the both of you felt no regrets, Copia was full of guilt for how sudden this precious moment was forced to come to an end because of his forgetfulness. He had barely managed to finish his taxes on time and still received a condescending look from Sister but that barely hurt half as much as looking back now and imagining all the things he should've said to you. He moved around all night, trying to figure out how to make up for it, yet no idea seemed perfect enough for the woman of his dreams. Eventually, he had fallen asleep to the comforting memory of him holding you in his arms after you've fallen down the old, rusty ladder in the library. If only he could hold you like this ev-

Copia was pushed out his thoughts as his alarm rang barely an hour after he'd fallen asleep. He groaned outraged but there was no time to get mad, he excitedly jumped out of bed, got ready in the bathroom during which he especially paid attention to a soft skin, a flawless dental hygiene and soft, yet styled hair before he changed into his black cassock.
"You got this, Cardi", he said to his reflection as he checked his appearance one last time in the mirror.
He was done half an hour before breakfast which was fully intended, with a wide smile he made his way along the corridors of the ministry where he'd greet any brother and sister he came across until he eventually stepped foot into the neatly cared garden.
"Fratello! Are you here?", he asked excited as he ran over the stone up to the little glasshouse where his older brother was about to fill a watering can.
"Copia, fratellino mio! What brings you here, my dear?"
"Your garden looks fantastic as never, have you finally hired an assistant to help you take care of your hundreds of babies?", he laughed as he admired the colourful sight surrounding him and his brother with whom he now took a seat on an old wooden bench.
"Ah yes", he sighed.
"Sister Y/N was so kind to help me out, she  truly has her way with plants. But now enough of my garden, I can tell you're thrilled to tell me something new!"
Copia's eyes widened at the mention of your help, he had no idea you had a green thumb like this but it truly made him feel even more impressed by you.
"You see, sister Y/N of whom you just spoke is the reason I'm here"
A smirk creeped on the older man's face.
"You still like her, sì?"
He chuckled nervously but quickly grew excited again.
"I do! And I believe she likes me too!"
"Tell me more!"
"I brought her to the rooftop yesterday and I know it sounds crazy but I took all my courage and kissed her! And she totally kissed back, we actually kissed!"
Primo jumped up with a happy face and giving the air a little fist punch.
"This is great news, C!"
"Oh you have no idea how great! It was the most beautiful moment of my life, her lips were so warm and-"
"Alright that's the enough of the details, you can tell me more later!"
"If only that terrific moment hadn't been ruined", the Cardinal sighed as his shoulders fell discouraged.
"Ruined?"
Primo was shocked.
"How so?"
"I forgot to send Sister my tax receipts so she sent one of the Ghoulettes to search after me. Guess when that was"
"During the kiss"
"Exactly! Argh I can't believe I messed up again! I need to fix that, Fratello! I need to win her heart!"
The older brother confidentially rolled up his sleeves while a big smirk graced his lips.
"Well, I'd know a thing or two to-"
"No need, fratello. I know exactly what to do", Copia now spoke with a similarly big smirk on his face as he clapped his hands together.

Hours later, sun had already set as you were about to finish your shower and slip into your cute, comfy pajamas, getting ready for a sleepover with the Ghoulettes. Ten minutes later you left your room smelling like a fruity garden, hair as soft as cotton while carrying a sleeping bag over your shoulder. You all met up in Cirrus' room which was in the basement so it wasn't much of a journey getting there. You knocked a few times and were immediately greeted by Cirrus, Sunshine and Aurora who all excitedly pulled you into a long, tight hug.
"Y/N! Finally you're here, come in and have a seat!".
You entered your best friend's room and set up your spot on her purple carpet next to Sunshine's while the other's were already back by the door greeting Cumulus. You greeted her as well with a warm hug as she had entered the room and set up her spot between you and Cirrus.

After a while the five of you had gathered in a circle on the floor, in the middle a tray of cookies and a bunch of dark red candles being the only source of light besides a little fairy light above the window.
"So girls", Cirrus began and clapped her hands together with a wide grin.
"Is there any new tea to share? I've heard we all had a busy week so don't be shy to spill"
Everyone looked around in excitement, hoping for any thrilling news and you felt a strong tingle form in your stomach, knowing exactly that you probably had the biggest news of all. But it felt right to tell them, they were your biggest supporters and you knew they'd be happy for you. Yet, you still were a little relieved, such as extremely curious as Aurora began raising her voice.
"I do! You all know brother Kyle, right?"
Everyone nodded, you including, though you've only exchanged a few words with him the other day. He was rather shy but truly nice.
"Well guess what! I've seen him sneak into Papa's chambers last night and this morning him and Papa were significantly late for breakfast. You can't tell me the innocent brother's spent last night alone"
Everyone's eyes widened, you totally did not expect this from Kyle. Everyone always assumed he was the kinda guy to look for something to last longer than a night and it really wasn't a secret that things between Papa and his nightly visitors weren't more than that.
"Wow, that's blown me away", Cirrus announced.

"Well if that's blown you away, wait until you hear what I have to tell you guys", you began and slowly shifted around, totally nervous but at the same time excited.
"But you guys really need to promise me that you'll keep it down and not tell anyone! And I mean not a single soul!"
The Ghoulettes exchanged serious faces and all gave you excited nods before you took a deep breath in, still unsure of how to tell them.
"You guys remember my crush on Copia, right? Well yesterday, he finally kissed me!"
Everyone gasped surprised and you were not sure how exactly they were feeling but barely a second later, they'd all squeak happily and throw themselves onto you for a big hug.
"Y/N, that's so great!"
"We're so happy for you!"
"Finally!"
Their wholesome reactions made you burst into loud laughter and you were highly relieved they approved of it.
"So how was it?", Cirrus asked with big eyes but got a slight punch in the side by Aurora.
"Cirrus, don't be so nosy! But actually, how was it?"
"Aurora!", Cirrus gasped playfully outraged and you just us to laugh more.
"Well, it's was quite-"
You paused as a knock on the door interrupted you and everyone looked around confused.
"Who could that be?"
"At such late hour?"
"I didn't order anything"
You suddenly felt a funny tingle rise in your stomach as if you could sense what was about to happen.
Cirrus stood up from the carpet and walked over to the door, followed closely by everyone else.
You followed as the last one and couldn't see what was going on as the door was opened but it soon dawned on you as everyone turned around to you with wide, almost creepy grins on their faces.
"It's for you, Y/N", Sunshine declared happily as Cumulus pushed everyone aside so you could make your way past everyone and see who was awaiting for you patiently by the door.