VII

Another week at the ministry had passed and Rain was still not feeling better, he probably even made the fever worse by swimming around in the cold water at the beach the other day.
The Ghouls kept their distance but Copia told you human's can't get infected by Ghoul fever and since you were growing a little worried, you decided to pay the water Ghoul a visit.
Knock Knock Knock
"Come in", a weak voice called from inside the room.
You slowly opened the door and stuck your head through to see the sick Ghoul rolled in multiple blankets on his bed in a corner of the darkened room.
"Hey Rain, I've come to check up on you"
You slowly entered and watched him sit up.
"I hope you're hungry, I made soup for you", you tell him with a smile and put the tray on his bedside table. You then take a seat by the edge of his bed and take a look at him.
"How're you doing? You look way better than yesterday"
"I also feel way better than yesterday", he chuckled which relieved you a little.
"Thank you for the soup, I'm sure it's delicious!"
He lifts an arm and point at a brown shelf on the other side of the room.
"Could you pass me the green book that I have on that shelf? It's the one by the candle"
"Of course"
You get up and grab the book, it was pretty dusty so you wiped the dust off and read the title.
"I never held you for the love story kinda guy"
"I'm not, I'm the kinda guy who knows not to judge a book by its cover".
With a smirk he grabbed he book and opened it to reveal a carved out whole within the pages.
"It's a hiding place!", you exclaim surprised and watched as he grabbed a string with a few beats on them out of the whole.
"I'm currently crafting bracelets for my friends but I don't want them to see before they're done!"
"So being sick for a while does have its perks", you laugh and he did too.
"Whose is this?", you ask curiously and point at the yet to be finished one.
You liked the pearls that decorated it, lots of red and yellow tones
"Oh it's Sodo's! It's his birthday soon and I thought a self made gift is more personal than anything I could buy in a store"
You nodded in agreement but your heart raced uncomfortably.
"I agree! And I'm glad you mentioned it, I totally forgot to get him something so I better get going now!"
He laughed.
"You should take Cirrus and Copia with you, both of them almost dropped their jaws as I mentioned Sodo's birthday so I suppose they don't have something either"
"Oh I'm glad I'm not the only one", you sighed relieved and Rain tilted his head.
"What I've wanted to ask you for some time now, is there something going on between you and Copia? I noticed the two of you have spent a significant lot of time together".
He smirked and you could tell underneath that mask he was wiggling his eyebrows like crazy.
You suddenly felt your face go red you but shook your head heavily.
"No no, absolutely not! No, Copia and I are just really close friends!"
He chuckled as if he didn't quite believe that but didn't want to ask more.
"Alright. Well thank you for coming by, it was really nice talking to you. Finally someone who doesn't keep a distance of three meters while wearing three masks", he laughed and you smiled, seeing he got better.
"I'm glad I could help a little! Have fun making these bracelets and enjoy the soup!"
"I will, thank you! Goodbye!"
You made your way out the door and across the hallway, yet you still heard Rain's question from earlier echoe through your mind.
Of course you told Rain there's nothing going on between you guys because there really was not. But does that mean you don't have any feelings for the Cardinal? There were moments that let you doubt your feelings for him were purely platonic but maybe you've just never had a friend like him. He made you laugh like nobody else, was the sweetest human being you've ever met, looked too handsome to exist and occupied your mind 24/7.
You stopped, stood there like glued to the floor as it hit you like a rock.
'I am falling for Copia'