XIX

By the end of that dreamlike evening at the beach, you and Copia laid in the sand and watched the stars while cuddling on the soft ground. You remembered the first time you cuddled up in Copia's arms, you were totally nervous and still confused about your feelings for him. Back then you just sat there rather stiff, hanging onto his arm, now you know you feel nowhere as safe as in his arms and are not afraid to get close to him. Easily, the same could be said about him. Back then he barely dared touching you for longer than a second, now he's got both his arms laid around you while his hands played with your soft hair and his eyes kept moving between the stars and your eyes. In his opinion, no star could ever compete with the beauty of your eyes. You slowly felt yourself dozing off and you truly would've loved to spend the night or even the rest of eternity in his arms, yet the night soon got chillier than the previously hot summer day would've let one suspect. As the cold evening even blew its winds over your bare arms, you soon started freezing and eventually shivering which Copia quickly noticed. He immediately threw his jacked over your shoulders and helped you get back to the car before the date sadly had to come to an end as the two of you found yourselves back at the ministry half an hour later.
He walked you back to your room couldn't keep himself from kissing you again.
"Thanj you for tonight, it was truly wonderful, C"
"I'm glad you think so, for I feel exactly the same, cara mia", he answered while having his hand placed by your face and where he carefully removed a strand from your face with his thumb.
"Now goodnight, sleep tight, amore"
"Goodnight, C"
He bowed a little down, reached for your hand and placed a gentle kiss on the back of it before he disappeared down the corridor.
You stood there for another moment, processing the end of your beautiful date and suddenly starting to feel lonely at the lack of his presence.
As suddenly the weight of tonight came down on you, you started yawning and went inside to remove your make up, get into your pyjamas and eventually slip underneath your sheets where you laid down while rubbing your eyes tiredly. It was then that when you turned to the side to turn off the lights, that you realised the bouquet of roses standing next on your bedside table and with a smile you suddenly didn't feel lonely anymore.

The next morning went rather busy than you'd have like it, no time to gently leave paradise for reality. You had barely put butter on your toast when Sister Imperator came up to your table and pulled you aside.
"This is an emergency", she began and seemed truly troubled.
"Sister Aurora called in sick today and you need to take her role as the lead sister at tonight's ritual"
You looked at her in surprise, out of all people, not in a million years you would have guessed that she'd pick you to be the lead sister at a ritual after the incident with the censer a few days back. You felt truly nervous with the given responsibility, yet at the same time determined to use this chance and prove your capability to her.
"I'll do it", you eventually told her and she gave you a thankful nod.
"Then you better start planning as soon as possible, it all depends on you how", were her last words before she left for her office and your heart dropped. 'Was this really a good idea?'

The Ghouls were quite confused after you returned, they couldn't imagine why Seestor would want you as the lead either but they all assured you that you'll do amazing.
"If you want to, we can help you", Aether then offered and everyone agreed.
"So, what usually happens during rituals is..", Swiss began and explained the procedure so you knew what to include into your plans.
"You guys really are the best!", you thanked them once you've finished breakfast and stormed down the hall to the chapel where you started preparing tonight's agenda.
You had ten sisters on duty for the ritual and had luckily spent enough time here to know about their strengths and talents which you'd gladly use so everyone would be able to do their best.
Though the question still echoed through your mind: what on earth changed sister's mind about you?

You really did your best to plan every single step, every possibility and of course consider that there could always be something going wrong. You couldn't leave anything to coincidence, after all it'll not just be the clergy watching you but it'll be the first time for you to meet the real congregation and they deserved a worthy ritual. Two hours later, with your hands spotted with ink and your throat dry from all the ideas you'd been muttering to yourself, you held up the finished agenda including all sisters and events planned. Now the only thing you had to do was see Aurora and make sure you really didn't miss anything and perhaps catch a few last tips. So you once again ran down the corridors where you accidentally stepped on a sister's foot, almost got kicked by Secondo's goat but eventually managed to get through the great hall, up the stairs and boom-!