XVIII

You opened the door with an excited smile and felt your eyes beam as they met Copia's. The male stood in front of you, a soft smile gracing his lips as his eyes studied your outfit. His pupils visibly extended as he did, his mouth stood slightly open and he looked like he was at loss for words.
"Wow, Y/N, I- I don't know what to say! You look truly ravishing!"
Your cheeks flushed lightly at his compliment and you couldn't but feel just as amazed by his appearance. He was wearing a red suit with golden buttons and  a white necktie such as a handkerchief. Besides the astonishing view, your nose smelt the pleasant scent of lavender and something that reminded you of the ocean.
"I can only return the compliment, you look beauteous! Red fits you so well and..", you took a little sniff, "I love that new perfume!"
"Oh", he sheepishly scratched the back of his neck.
"I'm glad you like it! When I read 'Italian Summer Breeze' I just had to try it".
You chuckled softly, truly amazed by his intuition with perfume.
"So, shall we then?", you asked and his eyes widened a little panicky.
"Oh I almost forgot!"
He moved his left arm which was behind his back the whole time and revealed a bouquet of roses which he held out for you. You took it with a huge smile on your face and gently smelt it. Devine.
"Wow, thank you! These are so lovely, give me a moment to put them away properly.
You quickly disappeared inside and filled water in a vase which you kept in your bathroom cabin for all cases. You put the roses in and placed the vase on your bedside table so you'd later have something to remember tonight.

"Now we may", he said with a slight smirk and held his arm out for you. You softly laid your hand on it and couldn't help to squeeze it gently and though you barely felt any muscles, you adored how soft it was. He lead you outside the ministry, like a true gentleman he held every door open for you and walked more careful when leading you down the smooth marble stairs.
As you left the building, you suddenly felt a tender breeze blow against your face and you closed your eyes to savour the moment. As you reopened your eyes, you realised the sun was about to set and remembered the night you and Copia sat by the rooftop and shared your first kiss. The memory made a soft warmth spread in your stomach and you felt less nervous but even more excited for tonight.
He opened the passenger seat door of an old Bentley for you and you looked at him at first in disbelief but then in visible impression.
"This is your car?"
"It is, fiore", he chuckled as he closed the door and opened the door by the driver's seat a moment later. The drive to your destination was barely thirty minutes during which the two of you just held simple smalltalk, though it did not feel boring at all.
"So you're telling me Lucifer really hid in Primos bed and he didn't notice until in the middle of the night?", you laughed and he did too.
"It's true! The little guy truly lives up to his name! Oh you should have heard the screams coming from Primo's dorm that night!"
He patted the wheel amused and you laughed even louder at the imagination of Primo screaming in the middle of the night because he had mistaken Lucifer for a Ghost that was coming to get him.

The closer you got to the destination, the stronger the scent of salt in the air was noticeable which made you suspect your were near the coast by now which really wasn't far from the ministry, regarding the various days you and the Ghouls had already spent at the beach.
"Already any guesses where it's going?", he asked with a smirk and you put on a playfully puzzled face.
"Hm.. perhaps the coast?"
He threw a quick look over at you.
"How do you know?"
"Copia, it's obvious! The salty air, the route! I'm sorry but you would've had to take a way through the woods to cover that up from me"
"Duly noted for next time", he giggled mischievously and you rolled your eyes playfully.
As he pulled up to the parking lot, your jaw almost dropped at the sight of the golden sunset throwing it's light onto the beautifully built restaurant you were facing. As Copia helped you out the car, you started hearing the ocean to your left and realised you were not only here at golden hour but also at the beach.
"Copia, I'm speechless! It's so beautiful here, I can't believe this is real!"
You looked around and listened to the waves rush soothingly while a few gulls croaked as they flew by. As the lot was far up from the streets there was no traffic to be heard and only a few people walked past the coast now and then. It was truly peaceful out here.
"Now, how about you let me lead you inside and astonish you even more?"
With an excited smile he held his arm out for you and you once again gently held onto it as he lead you up the immense stairs up to the entrance of the building. He held the huge glass door open for you and gently reached for your hand as you stepped to the terminal. His hand was so big and even a little rough, yet his skin was smooth and warm. You felt your heartbeat increase pleasantly as his thumb gently caressed the back of your hand.