X

A few days have past since you overheard Copia's and Nihil's argument and you could tell your gift for him really cheered him up.
As you handed it over, he looked at you in disbelief at first.
"This.. this really is for me? Are you sure?"
"Of course, Silly", you had laughed and his eyes became a little teary from happiness. He opened it and gently took the painting in his hands where he studied it with a big smile.
"I can't believe it, this is so beautiful!"
Before you could even do anything, you suddenly felt his arms wrap around you as he pressed you close to himself.
"Thank you so much, Cara Mia. This is the most wonderful gift I have ever received!"
You blushed a little at that nickname he had given you and felt your stomach tingle funny at his smile. Satanas, this man!
For the following days he'd continuously stop by wherever you were working, to thank you over and over again for that beautiful piece of joy you had given to him. Though, as you joined him in the rat room the other day, you were a little surprised not to see it hang anywhere there. You thought since it was showing him and his rats, he'd want them to see it but no, the walls were as blank as before.
"Oh no, my dear! I know the rats deserve the view but I wanted to have it in a more personal space where I can give my full appreciation to it"
This explanation of his had you even more flattered than if he had hung it up in the rats room.
He continued to speak and with every word spoken, he enchanted you even more.
"I have to admit, I did not know you were a painter, let alone such a talented one. If you had a gallery, I'd buy all the pieces you sold and decorate the whole ministry with them! I really love your style!"
You felt at loss for words at first, you were truly touched by this, especially since you've never been complemented for your art before.
"I've always enjoyed painting but I mostly just draw what I see in nature. Either really nature itself or my own interpretation, though you are the first person ever appreciate my art".
This made his eyes widen.
"So there is more! What idiot wouldn't want to see that? You really have to show me the rest some time, I'm really curious about your interpretation of the world"
You glad explained your philosophical thoughts for a little while before you two eventually had to part ways. What followed then was a busy week of work until tonight, you finally got to get together with him and the Ghouls for the long awaited movie night.

You stood in the ministry's kitchen, staring at the popcorn machine, watching the corn slowly pop one by one as you heard steps approach your position.
"Heeeeyyyyy", the Ghoulettes cheered as they stormed in like a swarm of bees.
They all pulled you into a tight hug before showing you what they brought.
"I think I'm there winner here", Cumulus smirked as she presented a huge bag of marshmallows.
"Close Cumuly but nothing can beat my cheese sticks", Sunshine pushed her a little to the side to rub her bowl of cheese sticks under your nose.
"I really don't know what you two have been smoking to believe your snacks could beat my gummy worms", Cirrus rolled her eyes playfully and they all stared at you with big eyes, waiting for you to tell them which one's the best. You just laughed at how funny and competitive they were and wanted to tell them you liked all of these things, as suddenly Aurora walked in with a tray of cotton candy and every was blown away.
"That's not fair, I didn't know she was gonna bring cotton candy", Cirrus sniffled.
"And they're rainbow colours-"
"How are we supposed to keep up with rainbow colours?", Cirrus grabbed Cumulus' arm as if she'd faint any second.
"Hey everyone, I hope you all like what I brought"
"Cumulus hold me too", Sunshine cry-laughed and grabbed onto Cumulus's other arm.
"You all are unbelievable", you laugh and give Aurora a hug.
"It's good to see you and.. don't mind them! They're just jealous you brought their favourite candy"
"Since when is that a bad thing?", she laughed and you shrugged your shoulders.
"The worst that could happen now is that the Cardinal brings cookies", Cumulus sighed and Sunshine's eyes widened.
"No, not his homemade ones!"
"Shit, I'm gonna roll outta here if he makes them"
The popcorn machine suddenly rang as a sign the popcorn was done and everyone glanced at you.
"Well since you guys didn't ask", you begin and fill the popcorn in a huge bowl.
"I made popcorn for you to throw around", you laughed and as if they had been summoned by this, the Ghouls suddenly walked in with sparkling eyes.
"Did someone say popcorn to throw around?", Sodo asked, rubbing his hands.
"I did", you hand him the bowl and send the others to the lounge next door while you prepared another round of popcorn.
"I made banana bread by the way", you heard Aether say proudly as they left the room and you felt your stomach growl in excitement. You just couldn't resist his delicate banana bread!

"Finally", you said to yourself as you filled the second bowl with steaming, hot butter popcorn. The smell was so good, you thought about already having a few bits but you were interrupted by footsteps hurrying over the marble floor.
You'd recognise this clumsy walk anywhere!
"C!", you greeted the man before he even fully entered the room and wrapped your arms around him for a hug.
"Aw, hey there cara!", he greeted you back with a warm chuckle and wrapped an arm around you as well.
After you two separated, he proudly held up a tray.
"I've brought my homemade cookies, these ones are the best so far!"
You stared at him before you broke out in wide laughter.
"I can't believe it, the Ghoulettes are gonna be so mad"
He looked at you with visible confusion on his face before he looked at his work.
"Do they dislike them that much?"
"What? Oh no no no, they love them! And because they love them so much, they're gonna lose the competition of whom brought the best snacks!"
He sighed relieved.
"Oh wow, don't scare me like that", he chuckled and put the tray on the kitchen counter.
"You know, since the Ghoulettes are gonna suck these away like vacuums, you should definitely have one before I bring them in"
He carefully grabbed a cookie from the tray, it was still fresh so you could see it bend a little in his hand. Before you could even protest, he had already shoved the first half into your mouth and waited for you to bite it off. You did so and as the sweet, chocolate taste had touched your tongue, your eyes shot open.
"How do you like them?", he asked with a smirk on his face that made your cheeks flush in a deep red.
"These are the best cookies I've ever had in my entire life! Copia, you should really bake more often!"
You saw him get goosebumps as you said his name, though he'd never really tell you how much he liked the way you spoke it out. You just grabbed the other half from his hand and shoved it into your mouth where you chewed it with satisfaction.
His expression suddenly changed into a puzzled one.
"You have something there", he suddenly said and pointed at your face. You wiped your cheek and he shook his face.
"No, on the other side. Right there"
As he failed to guide you to where it was, he suddenly lifted his hand and softly rubbed it off your cheek with his thumb. You gazed up at him as you almost melted into the touch. His hand was so soft and warm, he should never ever take it away from there. After a moment you realised how he rested his hand on your cheek and continued to gently caress it while he returned the look you gave him.
He softly looked into your eyes, almost lost himself in them as his breath quickened and warmly blew against your skin. Has he come closer to you?
"Hey guys, I'm sorry I-", you heard Swiss's voice as he suddenly ran up to the kitchen but stopped as he saw the two of you standing there.
Though, his cheeks weren't the only ones flushing from embarrassment, with deep red faces, you and Copia suddenly jumped apart and stared at Swiss a little sheepish.
"Oh, hey Swiss! I didn't know you'd be late"
"Yes, we uh.. didn't expect you here", Copia added, not really contributing to the try of saving the situation. You knew all the Ghouls would know about this the second he'd join them, and couldn't feel more embarrassed.
With a smirk on his face, Swiss leaned against the doorframe, his arms crossed.
"Did I interrupt something there?", he asked teasingly and Copia's eyes widened.
"Oh no, not at all! I just eh.. I just asked Y/n how she liked the cookies I made!"
"Exactly! And you have to try them, they're fabulous!"
You nodded your heads innocently and Swiss raised an eyebrow.
"Alright.. well I'll be in the lounge then"
He awkwardly shuffled out the room and Copia waved him goodbye. But now the awkward moment wasn't over, it had just started as the tension hung thick in the air.
"So uh..", Copia began but stopped as he realised he didn't know what to say.
"I uhm.. I don't know what Swiss was getting at, we were being perfectly normal here", you laughed a little awkward and he nodded just as awkwardly.
"Exactly, yeah! Yeah we uh.. we didn't do anything unusual", he shrugged his shoulders and tried waving it off.
"Right! So uh.. I'll grab the popcorn and we'll head over?"
Copia jumped up a little and quickly reached for the cookie tray.
"Great idea!"