XVII

The next morning you were awakened by birds chirping peacefully by the window of Cirrus' room while the first early rays of sun fell through the glass and tickled your nose gently.
You rubbed your eyes tiredly but suddenly opened them rapidly as you remembered it was the next day, tonight was your date with Copia! You quickly sat up and looked around to see whether anybody was already awake.
"Woah woah, what's wrong?", Aurora asked, nuzzled up in her corner, typing something on her phone.
"Morning", you greeted her and slowly crawled over to her so you could talk without waking the others.
"I'm just so excited about later"
She lowered her phone and gave you a mischievous smirk.
"I bet you are! Do you already know what you're gonna wear?"
You tilted your head and narrowed your eyes as you imaginary went through your wardrobe.
"I'd have something in mind but I was hoping you and the Ghoulettes could help me since you tend to be more fashionable than me sometimes"
Aurora looked at you with big eyes.
"Sweetie, I know they over there don't wanna hear it-", she was pointing at the still sleeping Ghoulettes, "but I believe Copia likes you so much simply because you are you". You both let out a silent chuckle, knowing too well they'd be devastated if they heard it.
"You're right, thank you"
You gave her a little hug and laid down next to her while she put on a movie on her phone for you two to watch while waiting for the others to wake up.

About an hour later it was time, Cirrus was the last one to slowly sit up and rub her eyes tiredly.
"Morning!", everyone greeted her.
"Oh wow y'all are already awake! Well good morning then!"
You all stayed in the room a little longer before everyone eventually packed their things and left to freshen up in their own rooms.
"It was really fun with you, girls!", Sunshine exclaimed happily as she gave everyone a goodbye-hug.
"It was!", Cumulus agreed.
"Thank you so much for hosting this time, Cirry", you thanked your best friend before you walked up the stairs to the second floor where your room was. You quickly jumped into the shower, brushed your teeth, got dressed etc. and made your way to the dining hall. The smell of pancakes lifted your mood even more, there was nothing compared to Secondo's recipe!
After you had your plate filled with a stack of pancakes, a small bottle of syrup and a glass of juice on the side, you took course to the Ghoul's table where you'd always sit. They already awaited you with beaming eyes, yet you were stopped as you almost ran into someone. You looked up to see it was Terzo who looked at you a little confused.
"Oh Sister, I'm sorry I almost would've run into you!", he chuckled and you did too, rather nervously.
"I didn't see you there, Papa! I should've paid more attention, I apologise"
"Oh mia bella there is no need to apologise. How about we just forget about this incident, sì?"
"That would be great"
He gave you a reassuring smile.
"I will be on my way then, have a lovely breakfast", he reached out with his hand to take yours and you knew what he was planning to do but everything inside of you felt that it was wrong. Wrong towards yourself and wrong towards Copia whom you seem to be dating now, though you've never actually discussed what exactly that is between the two of you. You quickly took back your hand and shook your head which caused the Papa to look at you as confused as to the beginning of your conversation.
You were starting to panic, what are you gonna tell him? You were neither officially nor unofficially in a relationship with Copia even though you wanted to be but you couldn't tell Terzo the truth without having talked to Copia about it first.
"What's wrong?", he asked and you just answered the first thing that came to your mind.
"I have a skin infection!"
He looked at you surprised, soon rather worried.
"Oh no, are you alright?"
"Yes! Yes.. I uhm.. I just didn't want to infect you! As Papa you always need to be in best health condition!"
"Right!", he laughed a little and made his way over to the Papas and Copia.
"Then I shall see you later, hopefully you hand is better soon!"
"Yes, thank you!"
You waved him goodbye and turned back to the Ghouls, yet you couldn't sworn that for glimpse of a second, you could see a darkened expression on Copia's face as he was looking at his brother.
But as you moved your gaze back a second later, unsure of what you've seen, all you could see was that cute silly and terribly handsome man happily nibbling on his pancake and you couldn't take your eyes off him for the next minutes as you felt your heart simply melt away.

As planned, a few hours later you found yourself in your room, the Ghoulettes surrounding you like a swarm of wild bees as they discussed possible outfits for the date.
"I don't like that dress, it makes you look so pale", Cirrus mumbled as she pointed at a yellow dress with a mixture of white and pink roses on it.
"Agreed", everyone else spoke and the dress was abandoned to the last depths of the drawer.
"Only twelve more to go"
Your eyes almost jumped out your eye sockets as you watched the huge bunch of clothes being spread over your bedsheets. You let your eyes slowly wander over them and scan every single one.
"How about we speed this up?", you eventually ask and grab two beautiful dresses from between the bunch.
"I'll decide between these two, they're my favourites", you hold them up and watched the Ghoulettes eyes glow up.
"They're so pretty!"
"Which one's it gonna be?"
You tilted your head and tried imagining yourself in each one, sitting somewhere romantic near Copia as you watched the sun set together.
You knew immediately which one it shall be, it had your favourite colour, shape and little features.
"Perfect choice!", Sunshine encouraged you and helped you slip inside while the others were already arguing about your make-up and accessories.

About an hour later, most was done and you looked around in panic.
"Ladies, what's the time?"
Everyone looked around, desperately searching for a phone.
"Half an hour left", Cumulus announced relieved but suddenly everyone tensed up.
"Oh my- half an hour?!"
"As in thirty minutes?!"
"We need to hurry with the hair!"
The swarm of bees slowly grew nervous, yet new how to remain calm to keep the preparations running smoothly.
Twenty minutes later you were completely styled and everyone admired your outfit.
"We've done such an amazing job", Cumulus declared and high fived everyone proudly. You were too stunned to speak at first, you looked absolutely astonishing and really hoped Copia would like it.
"Thank you guys so much! I will definitely host the next sleep over for this one!"
Everyone jumped around happily.
"No need to thank us!"
"And now we'll leave you to it, good luck!"
"You look and smell like the most beautiful day of summer, darling!"
"She's right! You'll do great and have a lovely evening with the Cardinal!"
Everyone made their way out the door while leaving you last, encouraging compliments.
"Thank you, girls!", you waved them goodbye and watched them disappear up the stairs.
With an elegant spin your turned around and felt your heart beat faster as you read the clock.
"Two minutes", you nervously mumbled to yourself and tried calming your breath but who were you fooling? You were hella nervous!
Yet, as you nervously looked around your room, the two minutes seemed to have quickly passed and at exact seven o'clock, a knock on your door made you jump up a little. You checked your appearance for the last time in the mirror and straightened your dress here and there before you took a deep breath and opened the door with an excited smile.