XIV

A glow of blue, purple and orange fell onto your face as your eyes met the view of one of the most beautiful sunsets you had ever seen. You stepped closer to the door until you found yourself standing on the rooftop of the ministry, the wind blew coldly against your skin and gently waved your hair back as the only thing you could hear was an old lantern by an iron chain swinging around making a rusty squeak.
As you felt the fresh air course through your lungs, you closed your eyes and let the calming atmosphere of this moment embrace you and make you forget all previous sorrow.
"You were right, C. This place is so peaceful, I barely even remember why I was upset". A moment later you felt his hand on your shoulder, as you opened your eyes he was gesturing over to an old, yet still comfortable looking sofa by the corner of the entrance.
"Shall we make ourselves comfortable even more then?", he suggested with a slight smirk and walked over to have a seat. As you let yourself down on the spot next to him, you were surprised about how comfortable this sofa actually was.
"Wow, who'd abandon a sofa as good as this?"
"Well, Nihil didn't like the colour and you know that little diva, he told me to get rid of it so I did".
He playfully rolled his eyes.
"Now he won't ever have to see it again and I have a good place to be on my own without tormenting my coccyx".
The both of you laughed at that and you nuzzled closer into the soft fabric.
"And you'd give up the secrecy of this spot just to cheer me up?"
"Tell me a better reason", he said with a grin and you only sighed happily.
This man was unbelievable, if you didn't know better, you'd have said he'd give the world for you.

As time passed, it got chillier outside and the two of you slowly cuddled up to each other while watching the sun fully disappear and let the sky darken so the moon could shine in its full glory.
You could slowly see the stars appear above you, they glowed so strongly tonight, as if they sensed something special was to happen. The view of this spectacle made you smile widely, there was no place you'd rather be now and ever. Still in Copia's arms, your gaze slowly wandered around, trying to catch as many stars as possible, as suddenly your eyes met his.
With all the stars above, his eyes still shined the prettiest. With all the stars above, the only direction these pretty eyes had been looking at was yours.
Your eyes locked in an instant, it was as if you could read in his depths of green and white what his heart was about to speak.
After having let his gaze rest on yours for a while, receiving the look in your eyes that undeniably had given away your feelings for him, he slowly leaned down to your face and closed his eyes as he laid his lips softly onto yours.
You suddenly felt a wave of warmth wash through your body, alongside a funny tickle spreading in your stomach. It radiated strongly as you slowly returned the kiss by lifting your face closer to his.
As the two of you were to part a moment later, you both sat there with wide smiles.
Soon, he carefully placed his hand by your cheek and caressed it gently with his thumb as he admired the look on your face.
"Così bella", he whispered to himself and it sent shivers down your spine hearing him complement you in tongues.
You just couldn't help the urge to kiss him again, you longed for the feeling of his lips against yours and so your hand would soon find its way to the back of his neck from where you'd pull him closer to you while you climbed on your knees so you'd be on one level with him. You moved your face closer to his and felt your lips touch while his hands found their ways to your waist by which he held you close to himself.

The kiss quickly grew more passionate than the last one, you pressed your lips wildly against his while his grip around you got tighter, rougher, like he was afraid you'd run away if he let you go.
But you liked it.
You wrapped your arms around his neck and started playing with his hair, gently tucked and ran your hands through it, which he commented with a pleasant hum and a slight squeeze of your waist.
You could feel his hands begin to wander down your waist over your hips, but before anything further could happen, you could hear the heavy iron door being swung open and the two of you quickly parted.
Footsteps approached to your position and a moment later, Cumulus walked in on you both sitting straight on the sofa, fiddling with your hands nervously as an awkward look graced your faces.
"Here you both are! Damn it, Sister's been looking for you, Copia! She's furious because you-"
"Shit, the taxes!", he finished her sentence with eyes widened in shock.
Barely a second later, he jumped up from the sofa and turned to you with an apologetic look on his face.
"I'm sorry, I need to go, even though I'd rather stay here with you"
You only shook your head.
"It's fine, C! Go and fix that.. tax thingy, we can catch up later", you said nicely, though your heart began to ache at the thought of having to part with him, now that you finally know that there is something between you two. But there was no use of mourning, you knew sister could be a real monster today so you agreed with his decision.
You stood up and thought of going for a hug, though both of you intuitively rather went in for a kiss so after a moment of strangely posing around, you eventually managed to get a relatively fine hug before he left downstairs.
"Now what was that?", Cumulus rather whispered as she stepped closer to you with a sceptical expression on her face.
"What was what?", you almost screamed in her face and could read by the look on her face that you had just given yourself away.
"Fine", you eventually sigh.
"But promise me not to tell anyone, alright?"
"I promise I will not tell a single soul"
She gave you thumbs up, though she couldn't hide the curious face anymore.
"I really don't know how it happened but.. Copia and I just actually kissed"
"YOU- REALLY?", Cumulus now screamed in excitement and you quickly covered her mouth with her hand.
"Hush! You're the first person to know and I'd rather it stays like this for now! At least until we both know what's going on between us, alright?"
You uncovered her mouth by which you revealed a big grin of sharp teeth, followed by the smaller Ghoulette pulling you into a tight hug"
"This is so exciting, I'm so happy for you! But like I said, your secret is safe with me! And now tell me, did he kiss you first? And what kind of kiss was it? I mean was it rather loving or rough? Because girl you need to be careful with men these days, even though Copia doesn't seem like a red flag, you know-"
"Cumulus, please!", you interrupt her, laughing at her dramatic excitement. She squeaked happily and clapped her hands together.
"Sorry! I just can't believe it, my best friend's got some romance going on!"
You slowly made your way downstairs as it was getting late and you really started feeling tired, though you probably won't manage to fall asleep for a single second as she shock was still in your bones. Nevertheless, you wished Cumulus a good night and changed into some comfortable clothes but even before you could enter the warm, soft covers of your bed, your mind couldn't concentrate on anything else that Copia and the events of today's evening. With a big smile on your face you stared at the ceiling and felt your heart beat fast in joy at the thought of seeing him tomorrow.