XXVI

Copia, who is Daniell?

He stared at you breathlessly, not speaking a word for a moment that felt like an eternity.
"Let's please not discuss this here", he suggested and led you into a smaller conference room next door.
There you both had a seat next to each other, you felt your hands shaking and heart racing, afraid of what you were about to find out and wondering whether to regret bonding with Copia this quickly.
"Now please tell me who he is", you told him almost desperate and he gave you a hesitant nod.
"I really don't know.. how to say this or where even to begin but I figured I should just spit it out".
He took a deep breath in and you felt time stretch like a chewy gum.
"Daniell was my ex.. boyfriend", he then finally said it and immediately looked away from you.

You sat there in utter shock, not know what to feel but you felt hundreds of questions roam through your head.
Copia didn't dare move during that moment of silence, he only shifted uncomfortably after about a minute had passed and you still hadn't said anything.
You started feeling nauseous, though you were relieved he mentioned Daniell was his boyfriend, it still made you feel like there's been so much you didn't know about Copia.
"Before I even begin to say anything, I just want to know one thing, C", you began and his gaze shot back to you.
"Are you and Daniell still together?"
His gaze softened, saddened quickly and he shook his head.
"We're not, he left me five years ago for another man and I haven't even heard of him ever since".
You nodded slowly, letting the information sink as you felt even more relieved now.
"I'm sorry to hear that, C"
"Oh you don't need to be, I'm alright now", he remarked with a soft smile.
"And just to make sure, you're not gay, right?", you asked rather hesitantly, however you felt the urge to ask for clarification. Of course you weren't afraid of him being gay in general but for you to just have been a way of passing time, even though you never would expect Copia to do something like that to you.
He shook his head once again and even let out a little chuckle.
"No I'm not, I'm bi and my feelings for you really are genuine. Is there anything else you'd like to know?"
"Why didn't you tell me?"
"I..", he paused and the room went silent again.
"I didn't know how, I didn't know when the right time would be and to be honest, I believe a part of me just hoped that time of my life would just magically disappear if I didn't think about it. I guess I was ashamed of that pathetic little guy I used to be. It's no surprise he left me for Terzo".
His shoulders fell and his head hung low, meanwhile you felt anger emerge inside of you.
"I can't believe you brother never leaves you and your partners alone! That.. Stronzo!", you muttered angrily and Copia looked up at you with a tired smirk.
"Was that Italian?"
You looked at him confused.
"I- Yeah I guess I just adapted it from you.."
"Are you mad at me?"
You thought about his question for a moment but you couldn't find it in your heart to he mad at that adorably amazing man.
"I'm not. I'm mad at Terzo and that stupid Daniell! May he end up alone for the rest of his days!"

The sadness on Copia's face had disappeared and he now laughed relieved.
"You're so amazing, amore. I'm so lucky to have you and I wouldn't trade you for anything. You're my good luck charm"
"And you're my amazingly beautiful rat man, Copia. I'm just glad this doesn't stand between us and I hope my affection can make you forget all the horror Daniell's put you through"
"I'd choose you over him ever second of my life and beyond, you've already made me a better man and my heart a happier place, Y/n and I will always be grateful for that. I'm sure with you, I will never ever have to waste a single thought on what once was"
"Then how about we let this topic rest and spend the rest of the evening together"
"Oh I'd love that! Wasn't it supposed to be movies night anyways?", he asked with a big grin.
"It was but their other's cancelled due to Ghoul fever going around again", you explained and Copia made a face.
"That sounds nasty. But then I guess it's just you and me then?"
You gave him a nod and placed a soft kiss on the tip of his nose.

He then lifted his chin and moved his lips against yours and involved you into a long, deep kiss. You quickly wrapped your arms around the back of his neck by which you pulled him closer to yourself so he had to move closer to you. However instead of doing do, he just lifted you a tad and dragged you into his lap where he held you by your hips as his tongue explored your mouth. Yours and his soon danced around each other while your hands made their way from his neck to his hair which you tugged gently. By the harsh breaths coming from him, you could tell he enjoyed that and tugged his hair even more.
A moment later, you sadly had to break apart and gasp for air, though you both felt content with you just sitting on his lap while you both cuddled in each others arm.
"You know", Copia began and leaned his head against yours.
"We could still be having a movie night, doesn't matter if the Ghouls are there or not, I could make us some popcorn while you pick out the movie"
You jumped up a little.
"That sounds perfect! And I mean, why don't we make it a pyjama party? I don't if I can already go back to sleeping alone after having had such a warm, cuddly pillow last night"
Your boyfriend chuckled.
"So us staying with each other for the night is becoming a regular thing now? I'm all here for it"
You both laughed and exchanged one last kiss before you made your way to grab your pyjamas and snacks.

It's been decided that the pyjama party would be held in your room and about half an hour later, you were about to light some candles as it was already past sunset, when an excited knock on your day made you grin widely.
Copia seemed just as excited as you were since he immediately stormed in, threw his pyjamas onto your bed and put a huge bowl of popcorn on your nightstand, before he wrapped his arms around you and watched you lighten the last candles while his head was rested on your shoulder.
"And? What movie have you picked?"
You proudly held up the box of "Halloween kills" and his eyes began to sparkle.
"Spooky but great", he applauded and you made your ways over to the bed where you quickly changed into your pyjamas and put in the film on your tv.
The atmosphere was great, the candles flickered in the dark and were the only thing giving light to the dark room besides the tv and you could watch Copia loose his popcorn from shock multiple times which made you giggle hysterically.
After the popcorn's been finished and the night got colder, you nuzzled up to him and rested your head on his chest while you watched the last bits of the movie.
You had almost fallen asleep when you suddenly felt the ground underneath you rock a little bit up and down.
It seemed like your shy boyfriend had suddenly started vibing to the credits of the movie.
"It's a hunter's moooon", he suddenly hissed quietly, trying to keep in mind you were attempting to sleep, however he just couldn't hold himself.
"You have a great singing voice", you remarked impressed and Copia suddenly ran all red.
"I.. I thought you were asleep"
"Well I thought so too before you opened a concert on my bed but honestly, I'd give all my sleep just to hear you sing"
"Cara mia, you're flustering me", he chuckled sheepishly and you only shook your head.
Eventually, both of you quickly fell asleep in each other's arms and you were looking forward to waking up next to each other the next day.