a morning chore

I awoke with an enthusiasm that had not tempted my senses in many years, not even the ravaging fear of my nightmares could shake me from sleep with this much vigor. I felt the anticipation for what was chalked up to be a perfect representation for the Audux life well up inside me. I had little knowledge of the traditions of my brethren and it seemed only fitting that my beloved niece and nephew would be the introduction to the way of life I had thrown myself into. 

I rolled over and hopped to my feet. I took in the now cold trough of water and the various animals strewn and sleeping across the floor, letting the familiarity wash over me. I decided to be helpful this morning, since, due to tradition, the day would start a little late for all of those who would attend the Nomiatur. I walked over to the through and began dragging it slowly to the door, moving only centimeters at a time. A little water sloshed out with every forceful tug. I eventually managed to open the door and pour it on to the cobbled street, letting it run into the dips that ran down the sides of them. I dragged the now light trough around the house and placed it between Rosy's herb garden and grain ration shed. 

I then walked back into the house buzzing internally for the incoming adventure.