11| The Bachelor

C. Sainz Jr.

"Mate, if you keep staring at your phone, you're going to miss out on all the fun," Charles scolded as he took my phone away from me, "I rented this snazzy limo for you my friend but you're not even talking to us!"

"Hey!," I yelled, trying to get my phone back but that only made Charles show everyone else what I was looking at.

__

__

"Damn," Max said as he breathed out and Pierre snickered at that. I rolled my eyes and commented, "Yeah, yeah we get it, you got to kiss her." Lando, Charles, and Pierre gave each other side eyes while I grabbed a bottle of wine, opened it, and downed the drink like it was water. Max just laughed while shaking his head and said, "Jealousy doesn't suit you Carlos." I scoffed.

"Wouldn't you like to know."

"Well, Carlos isn't gonna like the fact that you were at Maranello-," Pierre blurted out earning a glare from Max. "Oops?," Pierre added. The pieces started falling together. The kiss at New Year's, Salomé not being home that night...it's him. He's the one she was with. I started seeing red and all I could feel was anger. Max was with her. My own teammate was with Salomé and all I could think about was what he got to do with her that I can't.

I lunged towards Max, grabbing him by the collar and punching him in the jaw. "What the fuck!," Max yelled in retaliation and grabbed me by the collar and punched me back. "Guys, please!," Lando said as he tried to pry us off each other but that only made me push him off and climb to Max tighter. "Guys this is actually ridiculous, you two can stop now," Charles scolded but I could barely hear him. All I could repeat in my head were the words Salomé said to me about that night. She said she wouldn't kiss and tell and now I know why, it's because it's Max.

"I'm gonna kill you," I seethed as I punched him back in retaliation, I couldn't feel any pain, I could only feel anger taking over for me. In my periphery, I faintly heard Charles yell, "STOP THE LIMO! STOP THE LIMO!"

___

S. Rivera

"Okay, this 1920s jazz bar is everything I hoped for," I said as I gave Kika a big hug. She chuckled in satisfaction and said, "Well, I'm glad you like it. All three of us had to put our heads together for this one." I smiled, these three are too nice. The three is us toasted our glasses of scotch together then took demure sips of the strong drink. I chuckled, it always reminds me why the glass is always filled only to the extent of its base with the drink. It's bitter, an acquired taste, and definitely something you don't get all the time.

"Ooh that burns," Jasmine said with a wince, "The vibe here is cool and all but I might just stick with my occasional wine and vodka lime cocktails." Artemis laughed then said, "Clearly you're not suited to these big girl bars." Jasmine rolled her eyes then said, "Hey I'm a big girl now! I'm not 18 anymore!"