4| Confessions

S. Rivera

I don't think it's ever going to be easy to admit to your best friend that you're marrying their boyfriend. Especially when you've been trying to get your best friend to break up with said boyfriend.

"Carlos," I said to wake him up but he was snoring on the floor and it sounded exactly like trying to start up an old car.

"Carlos," I said again, trying to shake him awake but still he was snoring like an old truck. I was getting fed up, I always have a big breakfast in the morning so I need him to get up so he won't be all groggy when we meet with Esme.

"CARLOS!," I finally yelled, jolting him awake but he just looked very confused.

"Wuh?," he said as he pulled himself up to sit on the couch. I rolled my eyes and said to him, "Can you order room service? I'm in dire need of breakfast."

"Oh yeah me too, I like a good breakfast, you want anything in particular?," he asked and I answered, "Just anything savoury, oh and please please don't forget to get me a cappuccino, I need a coffee to really wake up."

"Anything else princesa?," he mocked and I rolled my eyes and said, "I'll shower and get ready first, you can shower and get ready next."

He nodded and I just went off to sift through my luggage for an outfit. I looked at my clothes and decided they were too forward. They were all too sharp and screamed that I had completely planned to ruin my best friend's life. I pulled out the only casual trousers I had then I walked out to see Carlos again.

"Hey Carlos, can I borrow one of your shirts?," I asked and he raised his brow then asked, "What for?."

"I don't want to dress sharply to admit to my best friend that I am about to marry her boyfriend," I said as-a-matter-of-factly. He sighed and pointed to his luggage, "Just neatly take out things, I actually carefully packed up my luggage."

"Well, well, I didn't know you had a little diva in you," I teased and he smirked, "Princesa, there's nothing little about me."

Oh my...

Did he really just...

I...

"I did not need to know that, thank you very much," I said as I turned away to sift through his luggage while he snickered in the background. I opened his luggage and found out that he wasn't joking. The whole inside looked like a big storage drawer with so much organised compartments. Damn, I don't think I've ever met an organised man, this is refreshing.

Even his clothes were colour coded and he'd already pre packed outfits so he didn't have to choose. Looking at his luggage made me feel embarrassed about mine. I picked out his only white shirt and tried my best not to ruin the organisation as I took it.

With an outfit, finally, I headed to the shower.

It was so cold in London that I had to blast the heat on this shower. I appreciated that the shower head was from above, like directly above me from the ceiling so I didn't have to turn around like a rotisserie chicken to keep myself warm with a typical shower head.

I took my phone out of my pocket as I took my clothes off and played some music to make the shower less boring. Of course, it had to be some loud club music to fully help myself wake up, Pitbull specifically.

"Haha
It's Mr. 305 checkin' in for the remix
You know that 75 Street Brazil?", I yelled with the music. I couldn't care less if I destroyed Carlos' ears because I wanted to wash away my own guilt and forget what betrayal I had to do.