Prologue

Carlos Sainz Sr. is a family man, there is no doubt about that. Even when he used to rally race and became world champion twice, it never diminished his idea of the importance of meaningful relationships.

Everyday, he prays with his wife, thankful for being blessed with his children...two beautiful and intelligent daughters and a son who shares a love for Motorsport. He'd never thought that he would ever have to experience worrying about his son's personal life, especially when it came to his son's romantic ventures.

He really never thought this was ever going to happen because he thought his son was going to marry his long-time girlfriend. The whole family loved her but the fame got into his son's head, he ruined his relationship with her with all fame could offer.

Then there was his son's previous obsession with the first female driver on the F1 grid. That fixation put his son's first year with Red Bull Racing into a tail spin. It became the most horrible year of his entire career, placing 16th in the Driver's championship standing in 2024. The 2025 season wasn't any better, only placing 15th, the same place he was in in his rookie season in 2015.

Yet here he was, about to make a deal because his son was degrading his career with the turbulence of his personal life. Deftly, he knocked on ornate wooden doors that was visibly handcrafted with dexterity.

"Come in!," A voice said from the other side of the doors. He took a deep breath and let himself in, the deal hanging off his lips like a burden wanting to escape. His heart hurt a little knowing he would betray his son when he did this but it has to be done.

"Ah Carlos the senior," Mr. Rivera exclaimed from behind his desk, "If you are here to try and convince me to not back out from pulling my sponsorship, I'm afraid that I won't budge. Your son has been performing so poorly and I don't want to invest in that-."

"I have a better proposition actually," the elder Carlos said as his hands began to sweat because he was nervous. He was scared that the Estrella Galicia brewer wouldn't accept the deal.

"Do tell," Mr. Rivera spoke, curious and optimistic of the thought of a better deal.

"My son has had a fall of grace, yes, but so has your daughter," he replied to which Mr. Rivera raised his brow then said, "And your point."

"My son needs a stable relationship to keep him focused on his races," he explained, "And your daughter needs redemption after that big media smear she's been experiencing after her dropping out of business school and breaking up with her billionaire fiancé."

Mr. Rivera furrowed his brows but eventually he gave a resigned sigh. He knew that the man was right. His daughter had been off spending his money to party and only smear her name further. He needed to put an end to it.

What she has become is embarrassing to the business and embarrassing to his board.

He had to put his foot down.

"Okay, when's the wedding?"