Chapter 9: Dinner

Start from the beginning

"I called in our orders earlier. For drinks we will take your best bottle of wine," he says as the waiter nods his head and walks off.

"You ordered for me?" I ask confused.

"You'll like it," he assures me.

"Hopefully it's vegetarian," I say to freak him out.

"Are we going to pretend I didn't see you throwing back those tiny sausages at the yacht the other week?" He asks making me laugh.

"You caught me," I tell him as he smiles. Everyone a waiter comes over we get all lovey-dovey. It's sickening and if I had a customer like this I'd spit in their food.

"Tell me about yourself. Just in case we have a spur-of-the-moment interview," he says.

I nod my head and try to think, "My full name is Eva Brown. I was born and raised in California....I feel like every time I get asked this question my brain goes blank," I tell him struggling to think of things.

"Any siblings?" He asks.

"I have a younger sister but I haven't really spoken to my family in a while," I tell him as he sips on his wine, "I know I met Kevin and Nick...but I saw online you had another brother," I tell him.

"That would be the bonus, Jonas Frankie," he says with a smile, "We only see him during holidays and random visits," he says.

"How come he's not an official Jonas Brother?" I ask.

"He is like ten years younger than all of us," he says making me widen my eyes in shock.

"Now I get the nickname," I smile.

"What was it like living in California?" He asks.

"I kind of hated it as a kid. Kara and I used to watch Christmas movies and talk about moving to Canada for snow," I tell him.

"That's one thing I miss about Jersey. The seasons changing was my favorite time of year," he says. The food is brought over as I sip in my glass. It does surprisingly look really good, "The menu here kind of sucks but people love to think it's classy. This is the only item that has taste," he says.

"Aren't there a billion other restaurants in LA we could go to?" I ask.

"I have this deal that I have to be seen here like two more times and I'm free," he says as we both laugh. I pick up my fork and take a quick bite.

"Oh, it's not bad," I tell him going for another bite. I push the onions to the side of my plate and he does the same with his mushrooms.

"How do you not like onions?" He asks sounding horrified.

"I could ask the same about mushrooms. They are so good. Mushroom pizza is top tier," I tell him as he fake gags.

"That might be the most horrifying thing I have learned about you," he says.

"Let me guess your favorite is Hawaiian?" I ask.

"It's good but my favorite has to be a classic pepperoni," he argues.

"Boring and pepperoni isn't that good"

"Boring? It's called a classic for a reason,"
He says as a waiter comes over. He looks awkward as he stands there.

"We have gotten some complaints about how loud you guys are being," he says as I cover my mouth trying not to laugh.

"Okay okay. What's your favorite kind of pizza?" Joe asks making the kid stare at him confused.

"Supreme?" He says making it sound like a question.

"We will be quiet," I assure him before he walks away, "You just terrified him," I whisper yell trying not to laugh.

"Maybe he's scared of onions like you," he says as I roll my eyes. I take the last bite of my food and someone immediately comes over and takes it.

"I think next time we should find a McDonald's," I tell him as I finish the rest of my wine.

"You're so snobby. I don't think I can afford you," he jokes. The bill comes over and I try to take some money from my purse but he tells me to stop, "You can buy dessert," he says.

"Dessert? Very presumptuous of you," I tell him. He looks up from the check for a second before handing it back over. He waits till the waiter is far enough away before leaning closer.

"Management just texted me the paparazzi are outside waiting for us," he says as I nod my head. He stands up and holds his hand out for me. I don't know how he can tell but he squeezes my hand to calm me down. As soon as we step outside there are a billion flashing lights in front of us. I don't know how he can even see with this. I put on my best smile as he opened the car door and let me in first. The windows are tinted enough that they can't see inside in the dark.

"I could never love this life," I tell him as he shrugs. He turns on his phone and ignores me for the rest of the ride. It pulls up right outside of the apartment.

"Alright. I guess I'll see you again Friday?" He asks. I open my mouth to talk as he opens my door for me to get out. I step out and the car immediately pulls off once I'm on the sidewalk. Holy shit. I fell for the stupid Jonas charm. I thought tonight we were kind of becoming friends. Fucking asshole.