63 - Cherry Blossom And Cotton

Cidney turned to Aveo and shrugged. "Angels are new to me and I don't know how to fight them or what magic would work."

Aveo seemed to accept that.

"Qlide, take him to get some things from his apartment," Khaius ordered.

Qlide got to his feet and helped Cidney to his.

They left the guys' apartment and crossed the hall to his. He pulled an overnight bag out of his closet.

"Better get a bigger bag," Qlide warned hoarsely.

"You think it will be that long?" he asked as he opened a drawer.

"Don't know," Qlide rasped.

He turned and walked over to Qlide. He held his throat and soothed the irritation. It took a few moments and he was back.

"Thanks," Qlide said in a rough voice.

Cidney winked at him as he got back to packing the duffle. "We'll be across the hall, I can make trips back if I need something."

"Good point," Qlide admitted as he leaned in the bedroom doorway.

He packed enough clothes for a few days, then went into the bathroom and grabbed his toiletries and other things. When he was done, Qlide picked up his duffle bag and headed for the door.

He stopped by his bookshelf and picked out a couple of books then followed.

When he walked into their living room, Qlide was there with no sign of his bag.

They were deep in discussion about notifying the Council of Elders. Khaius was against it.

"Khaius?" he sent a tendril of thought through their link.

"First door on the left, Cidney," Khaius said absently, then went back to the conversation.

"Thanks."

He went through that door and closed it behind him.

There wasn't much in Khaius's bedroom. A queen-sized bed with a black comforter and gray sheets sat against the right wall. A small night stand on one side with a lamp. The closet was across from the bed, the small dresser on the other side of the closet.

On the bed was Cidney's bag.

He set his keys and books on top of the dresser. He eyed his bag. He'll unpack in the morning.

He pulled off his jeans and sweater leaving the shirt on. After putting his clothes in the duffel, he set his bag on the floor by the dresser then picked up a book. He moved to the bed, pulled the blankets back and climbed in.

He was leaning against the wall, propped up by two pillows, when Khaius came in.

Satisfaction vibrated down their link along with a sense of calming down.

He looked up from his book to meet his eyes.

Khaius had an odd, tiny grin, barely a lift at the corner of his lips which he tried to hide as he went to the closet and took off his watch.

Acutely aware that he was in HIS bed, Cidney watched him set it on the dresser and begin to unbutton his dress shirt.

His body gave a hard throb at the sight of those muscles. Khaius looked over his shoulder and raised an eyebrow at him.

He smiled innocently but didn't bother to explain. Khaius's eyes ran over his body slowly, the warmth changing to concern.

"How are you feeling?" Khaius asked.