56 - Forgotten Promise

December 23

= Khaius =

Movement in bed woke Khaius up.

He buried his face into those hair to block the light.

Wait, what?

He opened his eyes and rolled onto his back to see the sun shining through the bedroom window.

Cidney started to wake up, rolling to him, pressing his naked body against his skin.

That felt right.

He wrapped his arm around Cidney and used his left hand to take his watch off the nightstand. When he brought it back so he could see the time, he went still.

Not because of the time, but because of the new white vine marking that ran from his wrist and wrapped around his forearm then up his bicep.

A single pink cherry blossom stood out on the vines and thorns wrapping over the skin.

Oh shit.

They Mated last night.

His chest grew tight as he scoured his memory for what happened.

He remembered being drunk, coming back to Cidney's place, the feel of Cidney. Sliding into Cid... then it was all a blur of sensation... and then peace...

Cidney stirred against him, moving to his back and rubbing his eyes. "What's wrong?" he muttered. "You're tense." He opened his eyes and went still beside him.

Oh fuck.

"Khaius, what is on my arm?"

Cidney didn't remember either...

Shit, shit, shit!

Vows were binding, and Khaius had no memory of what he promised.

"Khaius!" Cidney demanded, moving to sit up with his back against the headboard.

He turned to find Cidney holding the sheet to himself, his eyes wide.

"It's alright," he said calmly when he felt anything but.

He reached over and took Cidney's left hand to examine it. Thin branches moved up the inside of his forearm.

There on one of them sat a white ball of cotton.

Cotton?

He sighed.

Yeah, that was me. I wasn't nice or anything an omega would want.

He swallowed hard.

What the fuck had I promised?

His thumb ran over Cidney's markings gently, knowing that they wouldn't change.

"Khaius, what is this?" Cidney asked again, his voice shaking.

He met his eyes and told him. "Sometime last night, we promised something to each other and now we're... Mated."

Cidney's face grew white, his mouth gaped. His breathing became rough. "What?" he asked, panic filling his eyes.

Khaius wanted to join him but both of them couldn't lose it. He sat up next to Cidney and wrapped his arm around him.

He focused on calming him down. Perhaps it would help push back the tightness forming in his own chest.

He brought his own arm around to show Cidney. Cid's marks on his skin were beautiful.