a bit shaken up

a couple of weeks passed, and i was living my best life. dominik was super gentle and careful with me and he made sure to take good care of me at all times. i now lived in his house because he insisted it would be way easier for him to take care of me.

when he wasn't home he would sometimes organise days for me to go out to keep me distracted because he knew i was a really and overthinker. one time he took me to get my nails done, and most recently he booked me a full spa day which i will be forever grateful for.

he always made sure that i would eat at the right times, he put up with my mood swings and tantrums that i would throw for the smallest things and he bought me expensive medicine for my morning sickness which worked like a charm.

before leaving the house or going to sleep, he would always make sure im asleep first. we haven't told anyone about my pregnancy other than trent because he is our closest friend. he came over sometimes but didn't stay because he didn't want to make me uncomfortable.

dominik and trent were like my protective older brothers, that treated me like i was the most fragile piece of glass.

⟡ ⟡ ⟡

🗓️6 october 2023

i was sitting on the couch when my phone started blowing up with calls. i ignored it the first time, but they wouldn't stop calling. i picked up the phone to see who was calling me, and i saw that it was a private hospital in manchester. what could they possibly want from me. i answered the phone incase something was wrong.

"hello?" i said as soon as i picked up the phone. "hello ms grealish, i am afraid your brother, jack grealish got into a car accident and he's requesting to see you" the calm voice said. "what? i'll be on my way" i panicked as tears formed in my eyes.

"don't panick, it was a minor crash he isn't severely hurt, mostly just a bit shaken up" the nurse reassured me. "please tell him i might delay since im in liverpool right now" i sighed as i put on some more presentable clothes, aka black leggings and one of dominiks oversized hoodies so he wouldn't see my baby bump.

i sent dominik a text saying i went to liverpool because of the jack situation so he wouldn't worry when he came back home and i wasn't there. i got my car keys and sped my way to liverpool occasionally stopping over for food and gas.

⟡ ⟡ ⟡

as soon as i arrived at the hospital i went over to the reception to let me know which room was jacks. "hi, i'm athena grealish, you called me earlier. i'm looking for my brother" i stammered all at once. "ah yes ms grealish, right this way" the receptionist stood up and headed towards a hallway.

she stopped right infront of a door then turned to me. "he's sleeping right now, so make sure to be very quiet." she whispered, opening the door a tiny bit. i nodded at her, then entered the room silently.

i looked at him, he was sleeping with a clearly troubled look on his face, the corner of his top lip was busted but had a few stitches, he had light bruises on his forehead cheeks and jaw and his arms had a few cuts a bruises meaning glass probably shattered all over him.

his torso and legs were the only parts that were covered, so there was probably nothing too bad there.

i immediately dropped the bag of snacks and get well soon cards i got him, then tiptoed over to his side. i sat myself down on the hard, cold marble floor, leaning my sore back on the wall.

i intertwined our fingers and gently caressed the back of his hand. after a while, i felt him twitch and slowly flutter his eyes open.

"athena! i've missed you, i thought you weren't going to come" he said in a raspy voice as he sat up and rubbed his eyes. i let go of his hand, smiled at him then looked back down at my own fingers.

"a hug, at least?" he looked down at me, with his big brown puppy dog eyes. "fine" i mumbled then struggled a bit to get up, because of my stomach. "you good?" he raised his eyebrow at me. "yeah just give me a minute, i've got a sore back" i chuckled nervously as i finally regained my balance and stood up.

"come here" he stretched his arms out for me to hug him. i made my way over to him, and gave him a hug making sure to keep a bit of distance so he wouldn't feel my baby bump. i was about to pull away, but he held me even tighter.

"i can't even begin to explain to you how sorry i am athena" he tried to explain with regret laced in his voice. "jack-" i pulled away from him. "no let me explain, you really deserve an apology" he played with his fingers while staring directly in my eyes.

"i'm sorry i called you a slut, i guess i didn't think you could make guy friends without dating them. im so sorry for not believing you, i was just being a dick" he explained genuinely. "it's really okay jack, it was a long time anyway" i shrugged, sitting at the edge of his bed.

"best friends?" he stretched his arms out again for another hug. "best friends." i nodded then gave him the hug he wanted. "i got you some snacks and a get well soon card" i pulled away and gave him the bag that i dropped in the corner of the room.

i watched as his face light up. "you didn't have to, honestly. you got so much!" he smiled rummaging into the bag. "i'm sorry i was so indecisive because there were so many to choose from" i laughed making him laugh as well.

"you know, id let you date ruben, i was just being selfish. i didn't want to lose my best friend to my sister" he mumbled as he stuffed his with walker crisps. "i don't think me and ruben will ever be together, you were right about him, he was just using me" i sighed and awkwardly played with the matching bracelet i got for dominik not wanting to talk about what happened.

"about that, i-" he started while scratching his head before being interrupted by someone bursting through the door. "jack. jack! im here are y- athena?!" ruben burst through the room with worry all over his face, but as soon as he saw me, he stopped in his tracks and looked at me with a confused expression.

i just rolled my eyes at him then went to sit on the couch at the end of the room so they could have their space. i looked at my phone and saw i had a few messages from dominik.

pookie😋🩷

pookie😋🩷
is he okay? do you need
me to drive over there??
is everything good?

athena reply im
getting worried..

you
yeah don't worry
he's all good

do you need me to drive over??

no don't worry
it's all good, i'll call you as
soon as i can

okay, stay safe please

i will dad 🙄

🖕🖕🖕

⟡ ⟡ ⟡