that driver was salty

"maybe you should post something on instagram to let them know you're safe" dominik suggested. "yeah, i will as soon as the notifications stop" i told him while resting on his shoulder, trying my best to stay awake. "are you tired?" dominik noticed how silent i became. "no" i mumbled moving around to get more comfortable.

"yeah sure, let's go sleep" he said standing up. "no wait! at least let's go to the other villa so i can get my house keys" i told him while rubbing my eyes. "you can do that in the morning, besides why do you need your house keys?" he asked throwing away the paper from our food.

"i want to go back to manchester tomorrow and if i get my keys in the morning they'll see me and beg me to stay and all that" i yawned. "okay fine i'll come with you" he said putting me down. "you'll have to wait outside though" i stretched trying my best to regain my energy as he nodded at me. "okay let's go, where is it?" he asked as we walked out the door.

"just across the street" i yawned holding onto him for support. "you sure we should go now?" he held me tight making sure i wouldn't fall. i mumbled something then my eyes shut. i guess i was more tired than i thought.

• • •

"athena, wake up" i heard as someone was shaking me softly. "fuck off" i mumbled turning to my left. "athena, don't do that you're going to-" dominik shouted as i was met with the hard, cold floor. "fall.. are you okay?" he said rushing over to me. "ow" i muttered, dosing on the floor. "no wake up! you've been asleep for so long" he said picking me up.

"you're so soft, five minutes please" i mumbled cuddling into him. "fine five minutes only" he gave up and cuddled in the bed with me.

"athena, you have to wake up now" dominik shook me aggressively. "fine, i'm awake geez" i sat up and rubbing my eyes to remove all the tiredness in them. i saw dominik was in a pensive mood so i moved closer to him. "what's up with you?" i poked his cheek. "the city boys are coming over, i can book you a private jet i don't think you can get a plane ticket now" "i can just book my own you don't need to stress. i'm going to go shower now"

"i'd rather you take mine, i'm friends with the pilot so i know you'll arrive safely" he said getting his phone out. "fine if you insist" i shrugged and entered his bathroom.

i took a quick shower and wrapped myself with one of the towels that were on the rack. i came out of the bathroom to see dominik fully clothed in a beige tracksuit, already ready for the day.

"when did you get ready?" i looked up at him confused. "they're other bathrooms and you take wayy longer than you think" he said rolling his eyes playfully but his eyes still glued to his phone. i just scoffed then went into his closet so i could choose clothes to wear.

his trousers and shorts were too big for me so i decided to wear my same biker shorts as yesterday. since i still had the hickeys he gave me, i chose to wear one of his hoodies. when i finished changing i put the towel back where i found it, then joined dominik on his bed.

"why are you wearing a hoodie it's like 100 degrees out" he raised his eyebrow at me. "why the fuck do you think" i pulled the hoodie a bit down and shot him an unamused look. "right, sorry about that" he laughed. "whatever" i rolled my eyes and made myself comfortable so i could sleep.

"do you always sleep this much" dominik nudged me. "no i just feel so tired, i don't know why" i turned to face him. "the jet arrives at 2, so we can go to the airport as soon as it lands" he caressed my cheek. "yay more sleeping time for me" i mumbled unenthusiastically as my eyes closed shut.

"athena, wake up time to eat breakfast" i felt dominik caress my cheek. "i'm not hungry, you go without me" i opened my eyes to see him giving me the most disappointed look. "fine let's go" i sat up. he grabbed my hand and we made our way into the kitchen.

there were two plates of berries and pancakes on the counter just for us. we sat in front of our plates and started eating. i started by eating the berries, but i started feeling full after eating the third one. i tried to eat a forth one but i just couldn't.

"finished" i looked over at him. he was already looking at me, and he looked like he had finished his food a long time ago. "no you're not, try to eat atleast a pancake" he pulled my chair so i could be closer to him. "but i'm full" i crossed my arms. "you better not be lying to me" he looked into my eyes. "pinky promise" i put my pinky out making him intertwine his with mine. i then sealed it with a kiss then let go.

he grabbed both our plates and put them in the sink. "what time is it?" i asked him curiously because i knew i had been sleeping for a long time. "it's 12:56" he said pulling out his phone while walking back to me. "so you made me eat breakfast at lunch" i whined. "my bad" he chuckled.

suddenly his phone started ringing so he looked at the contact then picked up. he mouthed to me that it was the pilot so i nodded at him then stood up to get myself a glass of water. after a few minutes, i was trying to wash the dishes when i felt arms wrap around my waist.

"the pilot said he's arrived already, so we better get going" he turned the water off and turned me around. "okay let me wash the dishes first" i turned back around and continued washing the dishes. "don't bother, we have people for that" he turned the water back off. "of course you do" i rolled my eyes and shut the water off.

i dried my hands, then started making my way upstairs. "where are you going?" dominik followed me behind. "i'm just going get my shoes" i chuckled as i made my way into his room.

i sat down on his floor and started putting my shoes on just to hear dominik chuckle. "what are you laughing at now?" i looked up at him in confusion. "what are you laughing about now" i said struggling to tie my shoes up. "you put your shoes on like a child" he laughed even more.

"shut up and tie my shoe laces" i hit him on the chest. "damn and you also don't know how to tie your shoe laces" he kneeled down to help tie my shoes but was still laughing. i wasn't in the fighting mood so i just rolled my eyes and ignored him. "all done" he said after a bit while standing up.

i just walked out the door and started making my way downstairs. "are you not going to say thank you or what?" dominik caught up to me, closing the door behind us. "chill it's not like you just saved me from dying" i rolled my eyes and waited for my uber who said they'd arrive in 3 mins.

we stood there in silence and waited for my uber to arrive. i expected dominik to just say goodbye and disappear back into the house, but he sat in the car with me. "what are you doing?" i asked him, surprised of his actions. "what? i'm just escorting you, i can go if you'd like" he said holding the door handle ready to leave.

"no please stay" i put my hand on his arm before he could open the door. "fine, only because you're begging me" he playfully rolled his eyes making us both laugh.

the rest of the drive was fun since me and dominik were messing around, chatting and having fun. i swear at some point the driver got annoyed at us so we had to behave until we reached the airport.

"damn that driver was salty" he started laughing as the driver dropped us off in a huff. "righttt" i said laughing just as much as we guided our way through the airport.

he walked me all the way to where i could board the plane. we looked at each other for a bit not knowing why it was so emotional to let each other go. i made the first move and went to hug him.

"thank you dominik, for everything honestly" i teared up a bit. "i should be thanking you" he hugged me back. "call me?" i pulled away giving him my phone number. "a hundred percent" he winked at me while i walked away into the plane.

the flight was boring af but i arrived safely. since i didn't have my house keys i had to ask my landlord to open my door because my extra key was in my house. my landlord was a bit annoyed but he still helped me. as soon as i entered my room i plopped onto my bed and fell asleep immediately. i don't know why but i was just exhausted.