Hang on to yourself

Summer passed like a gust of wind that was blowing for one minute and the next minute has passed like it was never even there. Fall has now come back again; Dad has told me that I would be going to school the beginning of this week. 

It honestly sounded nice. To be able to be invisible and not having to eat every meal of the day, to have a break from stressing all the time about Dad or Emerson or Sebastain finding out about my secret. 

So, this morning when I woke up, I got dressed in a semi-nice outfit and gathered all my school supplies that me and Dad went shopping for yesterday and put them in my backpack. When I went downstairs and had some breakfast, just enough to keep Dad off my back (I planned to get rid of it once I got to school) and I got into Dad's car and sung along with the radio with dad as he drove me to my new school.

"Have a good day, okay? I love you." Dad told me as I got out of the car. The school wasn't a big one but wasn't small either. I did some research on this school, it's a private school but there are no uniforms which I will be forever grateful for. It over all seemed like a good school, but websites don't say anything about the students inside the school.

I walked to the office to get my schedule.

Once I got it from a cranky school staff woman, I looked at it and it wasn't to bad.

MY Schedule 

1st Period Science

2nd Period Arithmetic 

3rd Period Literature

4th Period Lunch 

5th Period History

6th Period Gym 

7th Period Art

8th Period Music 

It was going to be a busy day, but I had no doubt that I could get through this easily. At least the school part would be easy, I don't know about the social part.

I decided to start walking to my first class of the day which was science. Science is relatively easy for me, but it has to be interesting. 

When I walked into the classroom, I knew I was early no one else was there except for a man facing the black board writing something on the board.  "Excuse me, but that isn't correct." I said to him. "Pardon?" "You have the names switched for the Lion's Mane Jellyfish and the Portuguese Man of War." I said as I walked over to the board. "I do not think you are correct, and I do not appreciate you coming in and telling me that I'm wrong. I am the teacher and you are the student. In other words that means I know this and am right and you do not and are wrong." Would I break a rule if I decided to punch this guy? I thought. 

I looked it up on my phone to give him proof while he went on about, he knows everything about anything, and I know nothing about anything. "It looks like I am right, and you need an ego check." I said as I showed him the screen on my phone proving my point. He rewrote what he had written on the board and slammed the marker on his desk. "Look little emo girl, if you pull this stunt again you will have detention for the rest of the semester. So from now on I would greatly appreciate it if you just shut up. And don't even try crying, if you are that upset go cut yourself in the bathroom emo sl***." He told me before turning around back to the board. 

I went and sat down at a desk "Not that one." The teacher told me. "Then which one should I sit at?" I asked. He sighed and slammed the marker down again and turned around and pointed to a desk at the very back of the classroom. "Sit there. The front is reserved for my good and smart students." 

In the next ten minutes I got to see the "Good and Smart students." It was the jocks and the BBBs of the school, of course. When they saw me in the back, I was thrown many comments the favorite was "Look at the depressed freak back there, how did she get in this school doesn't she know you have to look at least a little pretty. Even Frankenstein is prettier than her." from a girl whose name was Britney Of course it was.  I tried my best to ignore the comments but a part of me just wanted to run to the bathroom.