New suit

(Image above is the inspiration of the suit! @Lucidy7 )

Currently, Alex was in Shuri's lab working on homework as Shuri worked on her new suit design. Alex was lying comfortably in a hammock made by Venom, and Shuri was hunched over her work.

Alex wasn’t sure when Shuri managed to find out her identity, but she just gave up trying to defend herself after a few seconds. It was Shuri. She was probably smarter than Tony. So Alex just sighed and accepted it.

Suddenly, Shuri laughed as she placed the final details on the suit, "I am a genius!" 

Alex looked up from her biology homework and focused on Shuri, "You got it?" She asked hopefully.

Shuri slammed whatever tool was in her hand onto the table with a triumphant look, "I did!" She grinned with a look in her eye.

Alex knew that looked very well. It was the look of a teenager who finally got something to work after many sleepless nights and energy drinks. It was a look most of her friends shared.

Venom lowered Alex to the ground before shrinking back into her body. Alex slid next to Shuri as she looked at the suit laid out in front of her.

After Shuri had seen the condition her suit had been in, she offered to fix it, even to upgrade it too. Alex protested at first saying “It still works fine” and Shuri told her to be quiet and to accept her offer.

So Alex did.

It was similar to her old one, though this time the belt and gloves were all a dark red. It also had a gun holster (also red) at the hip, thick boots, and the most new feature was the dark red shape across her chest. It was almost like a giant V. It went over her shoulders and down her chest slightly, and it mirrored on the back.

Alex looked at Shuri as she hovered her hand over the suit, “Can I touch?” She asked hopefully.

Shuri nodded enthusiastically, “Please do! I need to know what you think!” She encouraged Alex with a wave of her hand.

Alex smiled as she turned back to the suit and ran her hand over the material. The material was nice under her fingertips. For the strongest armor, science and engineering could make Shuris suits always comfortable. It was rough in some parts where the armor was the strongest.

Alex turned to Shuri with a grin, “This is awesome!”

“I would hope so! I also added some new features. The boots have a sneaker mode, -yes that is a pun - where they absorb sound waves instead of projecting them” Shuri explained as she pointed around the suit.

“Your AI has been fully wired into the suit instead of just the mask, and she reacts to voice commands. Your utility belt still has the pockets I just made so they’re bigger and more resistant. Your gun holster that you requested is at your hip and can hold any normal handgun. Knives are in the belt alongside your staff, and no, you can’t ask how that works” She pointed at Alex, who was already opening her mouth to ask questions.

“And the best part is this!” Shuri grinned as she looked at the suit and spoke, “ALICE, activate hood and cape” she commanded.

In a second, the suit shifted, from the shoulders a black hood with a red inside was formed. Along with that, a dark cape fell around its shoulders and down the back. “Holy shit! That’s so cool!” Alex exclaimed with wide eyes.

She liked the whole look of cape and a hood, but capes are easy to tug on and yank around. She didn’t need to be horse collared by a villain she was fighting. But this way, she could have her cape and still have it out of the way when needed. 

“The cape’s also fireproof! I also made sure to keep a collapsible mask in your belt, the one for your lower face. That way, if needed, you can use it” Shuri made sure to point out.

“Can I try it on?” Alex asked Shuri eagerly as her hands rested on the suit.

Shuri nodded as she encouraged the idea, “Yes! Please do”

Alex grinned as she grabbed the suit and ran out of the room and into the nearest bathroom in Shuri’s lab. She re-appeared moments later with the suit on. “How does it look?” Alex grinned as she put her hands on her hips, causing the cape to shuffle slightly.

“It’s beautiful! I’m so great! Wow, I should do this more often” Shuri gushed over her work as Alex twirled around in the cape.

“It was my design, you just made it come to life” Alex pointed out as she fiddled with the red tool belt and gloves.

“Shush, let me have this” Shuri waved Alex off as she grabbed onto the cape and ran it under her fingers. Shuri looked up at Alex, “Try the voice commands” She instructed Alex.

Alex nodded and opened her mouth to speak, “ALICE, deactivate hood and cape” she instructed her ai. Within a few seconds, the cape and hood slipped away and back into the original form of the suit.

Shuri clapped in success, “Perfect! We need a full test run now! Follow me” she said as she started to walk off. Alex listened and followed along behind Shuri.

————-

After a bit of walking, Shuri had led Alex out to a training ground. Alex stared in awe for a moment at the Dora Milaje, who were training over at one end of the field. Alex’s attention was pulled back to Shuri as she watched her line up different items.

“When you said test run, I figured I would just jump off a few things, not you shooting me” Alex pointed out as she watched Shuri grab something and step back.

“This works better” Shuri waved Alex off, “Now stand still and face me” She instructed as she pointed the weapon at Alex. After a second, Alex realized it was a modified gun. She stood still and braced for the impact.

When the bullet hit Alex’s stomach, she stumbled back a few feet with wide eyes. Surprisingly enough, the bullet didn’t pierce through the suit or her skin. Alex bent down and picked up the shell of the bullet and let it rest in the palm of her hand. Despite the shell of the bullet being hot, the gloves of the suit protected Alex’s hand.

“I’m so glad that it worked, I’ve only tested it without a person inside the suit… anyways glad I didn’t kill you” Shuri grinned before setting the gun down, “Next test?” She asked with an optimistic head tilt.

Alex was about to answer with a yes only to be cut off by a shout, “What are you two doing?!” She heard Tony shout as he made his way up behind the two teens.

Alex turned to face him as she spoke, “Suit testing, wanna help?”

"No! This is why we never bring you to Wakanda! Shuri no more shooting at her, " Tony scolded as he pointed at the two.

"You take the fun out of everything," Shuri groaned as she set the weapon down on the table at her side.

“Yeah, yeah, whatever. Trust me, Venom over here will have plenty of time to test it out on her own when she’s jumping off buildings at 2am” Tony waved off as he turned back to Alex. “You nearly gave Barnes a heart attack. He looks out the window and sees Shuri shooting at you, honestly, have some common sense”

“Shuri said it was test time, I listened. She is the princess after all” Alex grinned slyly as she fiddled with the red gloves over her arms.

Shuri brightened up as she seemed to suddenly remember that she was, in fact, the princess, and therefore technically didn’t have to listen to Tony, “Yeah! I am! Come on, hero girl, we’re gonna see how fireproof that cape is!” Shuri grinned as she grabbed onto Alex’s wrist and started to drag her away.

Tony shook his head as he rubbed his hand over his face before watching the two leave.

A/n

THIS A/N IS REALLY QUICK BC IM WRITTING IT BEFORE CLASS

ENJOY THE CHAPER L, THANK YOU AGAIN FOR THE SUIT INSPO

I HOPE THE PICTURES WORK

FUCL IM BEING YELLED AT

BY
- AUTHOR