Chapter Three: Chae-rin

Start from the beginning

"Let's not do this," I tell him, patting his back. "We are adults and we both know we had to do it. We're best friends, okay? Nothing can change that." I pull away from him and smile. "Good night, Joon."

"Good night, Chae-rin," he nods. "Text me when you get home, okay?"

I nod and make it to the door where I slip on my shoes. Namjoon says goodbye again to me and watches me until I make it into my car. As I drive away, I can't stop thinking about what he just proposed. Is he crazy? Has he truly lost it? Ae-ra has made him actually crazy... How could he mention that so casually?

I'm not an idiot. Namjoon is clearly handsome and he could pull anyone. He knows it, too. So, for him to choose me to be his fake girlfriend means that he really isn't ready to move on. He wants to scheme something, figure out if Ae-ra is still in love with him. It makes no sense at all, but at the same time, I kind of get him? Maybe it's because he's my best friend so I just know how he thinks. It also makes sense for me to use him for my own, uh, experiences...because I trust him. I know he'd never hurt me. What the hell is going on right now? Am I crazy?! I shake my head and focus on driving home, trying to shove those thoughts out of my mind.

---

"Are you really going to study all day today? Take a break, Chae-rin! Let's go play!" Eun-ha complains, laying on my sofa. "Come on, please?!"

"Eun-ha," I groan, "I can't! I have exams this week and I need to ace it! It's my last year of medical school! Please, just let me study in peace!"

"How about just an hour break?"

"You know, why don't you go bother Taehyung? I know he's at home and he's free." I say, knowing she has a small crush on him.

"Stop," she glares.

"When are you going to tell Tae you like him? You know he's dumb, right? He will not know unless you tell him."

"He's not dumb!" she defends him. "He's just a little...uh, clueless."

"Tae has been my friend for years and I can tell you, he is more than clueless when it comes to women checking him out," I say.

To be fair, Tae isn't clueless. He just chooses to ignore most women because he knows how busy he is and he can't commit the time to anything else other than work. Don't get me wrong, he's a total flirt and will have his fun. But when it comes to something serious? He's out.

"How about next weekend, then? Let's go clubbing, yeah? You'll be done with exams by then and we can go dancing! It'll be a good celebration."

I see Eun-ha's eyes begging. "Fine, okay. Next weekend we will go. Now, can you please be quiet or leave so I can finish my studying?"

She nods and gives me a hug. "I have to go home anyway. I'll see you next weekend! I can't wait!"

---

I stare at myself in the mirror and I feel so pretty. I haven't gotten dressed up in a very long time. It's not that I don't like to, I just get so tired and if I have to choose between sleep or getting up to put make-up on, it's going to be sleep. Every single time. Tonight, though, I have my hair done, curled into loose waves, my make-up on, slightly on the dramatic side, and I'm in a dark blue, silk dress that hugs my curves just the right way, stopping right above my knees. I even wear some heels and I almost feel like I should change out of heels because I don't know how long I'll last in them.

"Wow," Eun-ha whistles. "You look hot."

I turn around and laugh. "Thanks! You too."

"We are going to have so much fun tonight," she squeals. "Come on, let's go!" She pulls my hand and I rush to grab my phone and ID.