Leaving

* Blaze POV *

I got ready for the ceremony and waited for Althea to come out of the bathroom. I was worried for her, as earlier I saw her running into the shower, crying. I knew that she was there with me and my family but she was maintaining a distance with me only. And I understood why she was doing that, because I hurt her a lot and that night, I went way out of control. She came out and she looked like an absolute goddess in that white dress. I couldn't believe that this beautiful lady was actually my wife and I needed to fix everything between us because I couldn't stay away from her anymore. After everything that had happened, I needed her, and I also couldn't lose someone else in my life now. 

We went down to the backyard, and I could see everyone's eyes were on her and this pride of her being my mate was something I always wanted to feel. Like every male should know, she was mine. The ceremony started and when my blood mixed with my mom's blood, I couldn't help but remember my dad, as this should have been him doing this. I failed him but now I couldn't fail his beloved pack and for this, as he always said, I would be needing my mate with me. 

After the ceremony, I took the floor to ensure the pack members that I would be there for them for anything and that I would protect them with my life. I looked at Althea and she was crying. I frowned when she gave me a last glance, then went inside the pack house. Her eyes were telling me that she was in pain, I could feel it. I so wanted to follow her, to make her stop crying but I was needed here first as the pack's Alpha. I was having an uneasy feeling and Azar kept on howling in my head. 

'What's going on, buddy?' I asked Azar but he kept whining in pain. This reaction of his was making me worried now because if he was in pain, it meant that Althea and Rayn were also in pain. 

'Talk to me, buddy!' I pleaded with him in my head as the pack members came to talk to me.

'Go to mate!' was all that he said, then he went back in my head.

I immediately excused myself and ran to our room. I opened the door with such force that it slammed into the wall. And what I saw in front of me made my heart clench in pain. Althea had her bags packed on the bed and she was on the floor, crying her heart out. 
"Why are you crying? What happened, Althea?" I asked, kneeling down next to her, eyeing her bags as well. She looked at me and wiped her tears.

"Let's talk this out once and for all." she replied, masking her emotions and making it difficult for me to read any of her emotions.

"What are you talking about?" I asked because I was extremely confused right now. 
'Had someone said something to her? Why was she behaving like that? But most importantly, why was she crying like that?' 

She stayed quiet for a good minute.

"Althea, talk to me. What's wrong?" I asked again, really concerned now. 

"Let's get divorced, Blaze!" she said and I felt my heart being ripped out of my body.

"What? Why?" I asked as pain radiated through my whole body. She wiped her tears with anger and stood up, looking at me straight in the eyes.

"I can't take this anymore, Blaze. I just can't!" she replied.

"What you can't?" I asked, getting impatient with what she was implying here.

"I just can't take this anymore. This marriage, this lie, and this freaking acting!" she stated, and I gulped hard.

"Althea, this was what I wanted to talk to you about. I...."

"Yes, I know; that's why I am saying, Let's get divorced now and end this façade. Now that you have already gotten the alpha title, you can marry Amelia and live a wonderful life with your true love." She said with pain in her eyes and just by the name of Amelia, anger started to rise within me. 

Now that I knew what had been on her mind, it made my heart clench. She thought I was still with Amelia and that I would marry her once I got the title. I never even thought about it in this way. Now that my mind was clear from this human love, I could never imagine my wife being anyone else other than Althea. She was my mate, my wife. How can she even think that I would be so cruel to her like that? I was numb and didn't react at all. I wanted to talk to her about forgiving me but now, at this moment, I just couldn't say anything at all. 

"I think that's it, then. It's my cue to leave now!" She said, when she saw that I was not saying anything, she took her bag from the bed and walked past me and out of the room. I should go after her; I should stop her and tell her everything, but then why couldn't I move from my place? Why couldn't I say a word? The pain was so intense that I just stayed right in the middle of the room and tears were falling from my eyes. The pain in my heart made me numb and I lost my love.