Cover for me

*Blaze POV*

I was feeling really guilty, and I didn't know why. I felt like I wasn't doing right by Althea nor by Amelia. I was feeling like a jerk. But I didn't know what to do either. Since I spent the day with Althea and found out that she was a healer, I have been growing more attached to her. Maybe it was because Azar had been connected with Rayn that I was feeling the connection too. It would be fair to say that I did cheat on Amelia with Althea on our wedding night, but I couldn't help myself. With the effects of the mate bond and with my long-time crush on Althea and, on top of that, that nightie she wore, I lost my self-restraint, and I still couldn't feel any guilty about it. I didn't know why.

I couldn't believe that I forgot Sophia's birthday until I asked Althea what was going on. The disappointment on her face really affected me and made me realize how much I had neglected my own family and pack by continuously going after Amelia. Amelia has been upset with me since I came back from the crystal pack. I somehow knew that she knew I got married but she would constantly ignore me and wouldn't let me explain anything. If she knew about it, I would have apologized and told her everything, but she was continuously slamming the door on my face whenever I would show up at her door. It was like, all of a sudden, she changed for the worst. And I was getting angry about it.

Sophia and I had been close but since I got Amelia in my life, my only focus was to make her mine, until regrets started to creep in about forgetting Sophia's birthday, and not just any birthday but her 18th birthday. Which was a special day for her. And what made it worse was that she told Althea about her mate and not me when we usually would share anything with each other. This made me realize what a shithole of a brother I had become, and I didn't even know when the last time we hung out together was. After Amelia came into my life about 9 months ago, I would always find an excuse to go to Amelia instead of being at home. I guessed that was why she didn't say anything to me.

In my heart, I thanked Althea for making Sophia's 18th birthday a special day for her. She did what I should have done for her as her brother but Althea did a better job. And the fact that Noah was her mate made me really happy as well. I always considered Noah to be my brother, with whom I could say anything and now that he was actually going to be my brother-in-law made me so happy. I just needed to have a real talk with him because, since the wedding, we didn't talk at all and whatever misunderstandings had been going on in his head, I needed to clear them up.

After I married Althea, the attraction became stronger and deeper day by day. The crush that I used to have on her as a kid was now turning into something stronger and deeper. For me, getting jealous of other men was kind of an impossible task. I never got jealous when other men would gawk at Amelia but with Althea, it was different. I couldn't bear for any other men to look in her direction. She was mine for God's sake and I hated the fact that she was so beautiful that it was instantly obvious that men would look at her. The possessiveness for her was really strong now and the jealousy was also there, which was so unusual for me. I guess I underestimated the effect of the mate bond. I thought that I would be able to get through it but it was much harder than I thought.

And now that Althea surprised me with the fact that she was a healer, that was the last straw for me. Like I needed her now, Azar needed her. He fell deeper in love with Rayn and now he didn't want to stay away from his mate. I had started to crave for Althea as well. I always knew that Althea was special but to be this special was really a blessing and I still couldn't believe that I was blessed with her by the Moon Goddess. Thinking about the words that dad said on Althea's first day here was constantly echoing in my mind. How I would need my Luna beside me every single time. Thinking about how I neglected my pack, my family, and Sophia was really eating me alive. This was not who I was. How did I change so much?

Amelia wouldn't even talk to me, and I didn't even know for what reason. And since I spent the day with Althea, she was all I could think of now and this was making me crazy. I wanted to be with her; this was where I belonged. I was a wolf, an alpha wolf and my pack needed me, and my family needed me. I couldn't sacrifice all of these for just a girl who wouldn't even want to see my face anymore. This act of hers was hurting me but I was feeling angrier at her childish behavior. Althea always brought peace to me and now I was craving this.  And Althea proved that she would be an amazing Luna and that she wasn't any simple she-wolf. She was a healer. Before I went crazy, I needed to make a decision.

After I showered, I made my way to Amelia's house. I needed to tell her everything now. And as Althea was in the room, I simply asked her to cover for me tonight as I was going to see Amelia and that I would be back soon. I didn't tell her that this would be the last time that she would have to cover for me, but I would need to have a talk with her too about giving our relationship another chance to start over. I didn't inform Amelia that I was coming so that she wouldn't have the chance to not open the door for me. I reached her house and was about to knock when I saw the door slightly opened ajar. Curiosity peeked inside of me, and I pushed the door slowly and entered carefully.

'Don't tell me someone has barged in and stolen something.' 

I made my steps more careful when I heard groaning coming from upstairs, from Amelia's room. I quickly fastened my steps towards the room and busted open the door, only to be shocked by the sight in front of me.

"What the fuck?" I shouted, startling both heads.

Author's note:

Hello my lovelies,

Hope you all are doing great! Merry Christmas to you all my beautiful people. I wish you all joy and a beautiful moment with your family. As you guys had replied to me and said that I should post daily, I shall grant your request. But please bear in mind that I still haven't wrote the entire book so the exact time for publishing can't be promised. But I will try my best to upload daily. Thank you, have a great time.

Love love, XO

Sayya