Duties

*Althea's POV*

After the introduction to the Fire Pack, the day went by pretty well. Blaze was by my side the whole day, and we were bickering sometimes about almost everything. Mia and Sam were also giving us great company; most likely, Mia and I were bonding, which I was loving. The next day, Blaze returned to his old, cold self, and he wasn't at home the entire day, which explained where he was. It hurt, but I needed to get used to it. Whenever someone would ask me where he was, I had to tell some lies—that he was in the shower or that he had some pack things to attend to. It wasn't fair to lie to these beautiful people, but I had no choice. While wandering in the pack house, I came across Sophia's room. Given the fact that I hadn't seen or heard from her lately, I was curious to know what was happening to her. I knew she was a reserved type of girl, but I could feel that this was something bigger. So, I curiously knocked at her door, waiting for a response.

Surprisingly, she answered and opened the door. She was looking like a mess, not the cute, pretty girl who was always carrying herself with grace and elegance. It looked like she had been crying.

"I'm sorry to disturb Sophia; are you okay?" I asked her, concerned, when I saw her in that state. Immediately, she started crying again and hugged me tightly. I led her inside her room so that anyone wouldn't see her crying.

"What happened, Soph?" I asked, really concerned now. If Sophia was crying that hard, it meant that something was really serious, and as the future Luna of the Fire Pack, it was my duty to protect every single member of the pack, whether it was my own Alpha or his sister.

"Thea, something happened, and I don't know how it happened, but..." Sophia replied, hiccupping.

"Relax, Soph, and tell me what happened. I'll try my best to help you out." I said softly as I caressed her back to calm her down. After a good few minutes of crying and hiccupping, she finally calmed down.

"Thea, at your birthday party, I started to feel uncomfortable. But I didn't pay much attention to it. I tried to enjoy myself, but I noticed that Noah, your brother, kept looking at me. I didn't say anything, but I tried to avoid him." She said non-stop, and I was trying to process in which direction she was going.

"And then Blaze and you got married, and after your wedding ceremony, during the reception, Noah pulled me aside, and things got a bit... intimate." She whispered the last part. My eyebrows shot up when I listened to the last part. Noah and Sophia!

"He said that I was his mate," she whispered again, looking at her laps, embarrassed. My eyes widened in surprise, and immediately I was happy.

'Noah has finally found his mate. And it's Sophia. My own sister-in-law is going to be my actual sister-in-law, which she already was.'

"Thea, what are you saying? You're confusing me and yourself with your words." Rayn said, confused in my mind, but I only giggled at her.

"That's good news, Soph! Why were you crying like that?" I asked her worriedly.

"I thought that maybe you would be affected by this, given that you just married my brother," she said, looking embarrassed at me.

"What? Why would I be affected? On the contrary, I'm so delighted that you guys are mates." I replied excitingly.

"Well, I always liked Noah, but at your wedding, I slightly felt the mate bond since I wasn't eighteen yet. But Noah felt it deeply." Sophia said, blushing.

"Well, since the day after is your eighteenth birthday, I will do anything to make it special so that then you can tell everyone who's your mate, just like Blaze and I did," I said happily.