Birthday Party

*Althea POV *

I woke up to lots of unnecessary shouting and noises from outside. I opened my eyes and looked around my room, but I saw no one. I squinted my eyes to look at the time on my phone, and it was only 7 a.m. Annoyed, I woke up from my bed, did my routine, and headed towards the dining hall.

"Why is there so much noise outside? What's going on?" I asked while still descending the staircases as I heard mom and dad's voices in the dining hall. I heard everyone be silent as they heard my voice. They all shouted 'Happy Birthday' as I entered the dining hall. I looked at them a little bit emotional, "Thank you, guys!" I said smilingly, and my mom came to hug me.

"And the noise is because the pack has already started decorating the yard since they have a lot to do," my dad replied, coming to give me a kiss on my cheek. "Happy Birthday, Princess! I can't believe you've already grown up so fast."

"Thanks dad. I love you!" I replied and hugged him. "
"Love you too, Princess," dad replied with a chuckle and kissed my head. I could feel that he was a bit emotional, maybe due to the fact that he knew that after today I wouldn't remain the same and if I found my mate then I would have to go with him. My dad was the kind of man who wouldn't show his emotions unless with his Luna, even with us as his kids. Maybe that was why the pack relied so much on him because they thought he was confident and brave all the time, which he was, but we knew when he was feeling down as well. But as an Alpha, it was his duty to protect his pack no matter what.

Eve and Noah came to wish me as well by pulling my legs and making nasty comments about how my mate would have to be patient with me. I would admit that sometimes I was hard-headed, but I believed that what's right was right.

"Happy Birthday, Dove!" Noah came and wished me, and I rolled my eyes at the nickname.
"Thank you, big brother!" I replied sarcastically, and he chuckled. He knew what annoyed me, and he would still do it. I guessed that was how brothers showed their love. 

"Com 'on, Thea, stop daydreaming. We have to get you all beautiful, and that will only take the whole day." Eve said, and I just rolled my eyes at her and dove into my croissant. I was tired already.

Around six in the evening, I was almost ready in a two-piece dress that was in a baby pink color and was embellished with pearls. The skirt had a slit to my thigh, and the blouse was cropped with long, elegant sleeves. I paired the whole look with baby pink stilettoes. I had a nude makeup on, and I let my brown hair in a wavy curl. I loved the look, as I was looking different and gorgeous compared to my baggy hoodies and jeans. My mom and Eve dressed me, and in the afternoon, Alaya and Sophia came as well, and we all got dressed together. I always got along with Sophia, and we were almost the same age, and she was a sweetheart. We just vibed together and did things the same. I haven't seen Blaze yet, as the ladies kept me locked in the room for the whole day.

When all of us were ready, we went to the backyard where the party was being held. I gasped when I entered the backyard, as everything was decorated in a blush color decoration with lots of pearls as well. My family knew how much I was obsessed with pearls, and they used this as an advantage for my 18th birthday. I loved everything out there. 

As I entered the place, the pack members and children started wishing me 'Happy Birthday' and I politely thanked them and just talked to some of them. I was looking for the person whom I really wanted to see, but he was not there. Maybe he didn't come. Disappointed, I roamed around like a Barbie doll and just hung out with Eve and Sophia.

"Happy Birthday, little doll!" Bryan said as he was coming towards me along with my dad. I immediately smiled at him because he had always treated me like his own daughter, and I also saw him as a father figure.

"Thank you so much, Uncle Bry. I'm so happy that you could make it for tonight." I said to him, and he immediately laughed.

"I was threatened to be here tonight. Otherwise, my friendship will have been broken." He said this to me while pointing towards my dad. I immediately knew what he meant and just laughed.

"Of course. You and Blaze were gone for 2 years, and you didn't come at all after that." Dad pointed out the fact.

"I know, I know, there was a lot going on with Blaze taking over the Alpha position." He replied. By the name of Blaze, I couldn't help my curiosity kick in again, so I asked.

"Did Blaze not come today?" I asked Bryan, and he looked at me, then looked around.

"No dear, he was here! Maybe he's with Noah somewhere, discussing some Alpha things," he replied, and I just nodded at him with a smile. Eve then just pulled me and brought me on stage to have the birthday celebration started. Mom then took the mic and told everyone to gather around, as I was going to cut the cake now. I was blushing and smiling, and I was surprised as well when I saw that my birthday cake was made of pearls as well. My family did really go overboard. I was admiring the cake while I waited for everyone to gather around when a refreshing musk and pinewood scent hit me which almost made me relaxed instantly. I immediately heard Rayn happily say 'mate'  in my head. My eyes widened at that, and I was surprised as well because I hadn't heard from Rayn again since yesterday morning, and now she was back when she found her mate. I let my eyes roam around to find the owner of this scent. And it landed on the one person who I always wanted to be mine: Blaze.

When my eyes met his, I was so happy that the Moon Goddess accepted my wish. But when his eyes met mine, they widened and he was looking at me with shock, but then it turned hard and cold. 'Was he not happy that I was his mate?'

Author's Note:

Hello, my lovelies, 

It's been a while since I wrote a book, I know. But stay tuned, because more books are coming. It might take some time, but they are coming. So it's my first time writing a werewolf story, and I hope you guys will like it. I have read lots of werewolf stories from amazing authors, and to be honest, this genre of story kind of raised the bar for me. It is my all-time favorite now. If you guys are having difficulties understanding the wolf terms that will be frequent in the book, please just ask me on my profile, and I will happily explain them to you. Now updates will be every Monday, but since you guys loved the first chapter and are curious, I'm posting an extra for you today. This is how much I appreciate you guys reading my story. Also, this story is not fully edited, so bear the mistakes, please. I hope you like this chapter, and let me know your opinions in the comments. I love you all.. XO