Future Luna

*Althea POV*

I opened my eyes as the sun was reflecting on my face and saw that I was alone in bed. I looked around, but there was no sign of Blaze. I tried to hear if the water was on in the shower, but there was none. 'He is not in the room'. I searched for my phone and saw that it was 7 a.m. Deciding to wake up early in my new pack house would make a good impression in front of the Fire Pack. I headed towards the massive bathroom to take a bath. I was brushing my teeth when I saw something red on my neck. I looked closer in the mirror while touching it, and my eyes widened when I realized that it was a hickey. 'What? why did Blaze do that?'  When I remembered what happened last night, I instantly blushed.

'I had never felt like this before, nor did I ever kiss a male wolf. I don't know how I gave in last night; maybe it was because of the mate bond to which both Blaze and I are compelled. Maybe last night meant nothing to Blaze as well because it was just the effects of the mate bond. Yeah, it was because of the mate bond; otherwise, Blaze would never...' My heart clenched at that thought, but it was for the best that I accepted the truth already because Blaze only loved one woman. I quickly took a bath and got dressed in a blue knee-length dress, which was matched with a pair of wedges, and just let my hair have its natural wavy look. I applied minimal makeup, put only my wedding ring on, and headed downstairs.

"Good morning, sweetheart. You're looking stunning. Did you rest well at night?" Alaya asked me while I saw everyone seated at the breakfast table looking straight at me. I started to get nervous as the entire Fire pack was looking at me. I gathered a lot of courage before I replied to Alaya, who was expecting a response from me.

"Yes, Luna, I did rest well." I replied with a smile, which both Alaya and Bryan were relieved about. 'I wonder where Blaze is. How could he leave me all alone on my first day? I barely know anyone here except for Bryan, Alaya, and Sophia. Speaking of which, where is Sophia, I haven't seen her since the wedding.'

"Good morning, darling!" A kiss was placed on my cheek, and when I looked at the person, it was Blaze. I was so lost in my thoughts that I didn't even realize when he appeared in front of me. 'And who's darling?' OH, Acting!'

"Hi, love, where were you?" I asked Blaze sweetly, as if I was all in love with him in front of everyone.

"I went to check on something early in the morning, so I let you sleep," he explained, but I knew he went to see Amelia.

"Come, let's have breakfast!" Blaze said as he pulled me to sit next to him at the breakfast table.

"Althea, dear, I am going to announce your wedding to the pack after breakfast. I already told everyone to gather around. For now, meet our beta and gamma's family. They are all very dear to us." Bryan said, and I looked around the table with a smile and politely greeted everyone.

"Hello dear, I'm Eliza, and he's my husband, Zack, beta of Bryan, and this is my son, Sam, and his mate Mia." Eliza introduced her family, and I politely greeted everyone.

"I'm so happy to meet you, future Luna; I believe we're going to be best friends." Mia said excitedly, and I giggled at her. She seemed like a good girl, and I hoped I could be friends with someone here.

"Welcome to the Fire Pack, future Luna. I'm Gabriel, Gamma, of Bryan. I have a son, Alexander, but he's not here today." Gabriel said with a small smile, to which I returned. I could sense Blaze stiffening at the name Alexander. I looked at him, but he was staring deeply at his plate, lost in thought.

"Blaze, Alex, and I grew up together, Luna. Aside from being future beta and gamma members of the Fire Pack, we have also been best friends since childhood." Sam said happily, but when I looked at Blaze, he had a serious expression on his face. 'Why was Blaze behaving like this? He's so weird.'

"Hello everyone! I'm happy to be now part of the Fire Pack, and I hope I will be able to be the Luna you are all hoping for in the near future." I said, and Blaze grabbed my hand with a smile, looking at me directly.

"I'm sure you will be darling!" Alaya said encouragingly.

"I was waiting for Blaze to find his mate so that now I can retire and pass the Alpha title to him. Because no matter what, an Alpha will always need his Luna by his side." Bryan said proudly as Blaze was looking at me while his father was saying this. 'So, this was the reason why Blaze wanted to marry me as soon as possible, because once he got the title, he could do whatever he wanted, and he wouldn't need me further.'

"After breakfast, Blaze, show Althea around, and tell her about our upcoming projects as well. I would like it if you could be part of our projects and ideas and share your opinions as well." Bryan said to Blaze and me, to which we both nodded.

After breakfast, Blaze was showing me around the pack and explaining to me their upcoming ideas on how to improve certain things here. While passing by the paths, the pack members would greet me like, "Good morning, Luna, Hello Luna, and Alpha," despite not being Luna yet. But I would accept their greetings and reply to them. As we were walking side by side, it felt good to have someone holding my hand and just roaming around. I knew it was just an act in front of the pack members, but it kind of felt real as well. I also noticed that whenever a man would look at me or greet me, Blaze would glare at him in jealousy. 'Why was he behaving like that?' 

"Why are you behaving like a Foo Foo?" I asked him, and his head snapped in my direction.

"Behaving like a what?" he asked, confused.

"Like a Foo Foo, means someone who would get angry at the smallest thing." I answered with a smirk, and he would look at me with anger.

"I'm not angry." Blaze defended himself, then looked away.

"Then why are you glaring at the men who was greeting me?" I asked, smirking at him.

"I wasn't!" he defended again.

"You were Foo Foo!" I stated, and he looked at me.

"Don't call me that, Althea!" he said, narrowing his eyes at me.

"It kind of suits you, you know!" I said, giggling, to which his angry eyes softened. I had an effect on him, and I was liking it. He didn't say anything anymore; he just took my hand and led me back to the pack house.

"Dad called us and told me to bring you to the backyard; he's going to introduce you!" Blaze said a moment later, and I mumbled okay.

We entered the backyard, and there were a lot of people gathered. Blaze led me upstage, where Bryan and Alaya were.

"Come here, my children!" Bryan said, and we moved next to him. I could feel all the eyes on me, and I sensed Blaze tensing up at all the males' gazes on me.

"Relax, Foo Foo!" I whispered to him and interweaved our hands together. He immediately relaxed and looked at me lovingly. 'I guess he was loving his new name.' 

"Fire Pack, I introduce you to your future Luna, Althea Mitchell Miller. She is my best friend Stephan's daughter, Alpha of Crystal Pack. I hope you will be as devoted to Althea and Blaze as your next Alpha and Luna as you have been to Alaya and me."
"Can we please cheer up for our future Luna, and let's welcome her to the Fire Pack?" Bryan said cheerfully, and all the wolves howled in happiness.

A sense of happiness erupted inside of me, and I smiled, looking at all the wolves howling. Blaze was also happy next to me at the sight in front of us. I was feeling grateful that I actually had a place now where I belonged and which I would be able to call home from now on.