Funeral

*Althea POV*

My eyes opened after, God knows, how many hours. I looked around and saw I was in my room. 'What the hell happened?' Then, after a minute, all the scenarios started replaying in my mind. 'The attack, the fight, us losing control and warriors, getting tired because we were outnumbered, Bryan got attacked badly, trying to heal him then blank.' 

"Dad!" I stated, getting up from the bed quickly, only to be stopped by Mia. 

"Luna, how are you feeling?" She asked, and I looked at her; her eyes were swollen, and she looked like she was crying.

"I'm okay. Why are you crying? What happened? Is Dad okay?" I asked, confused, and just then, Blaze entered the room, looking at me. I thought I saw relief on his face when he kept his eyes on me.

"Mia, I'll take it from here." He said and Mia nodded before she left, closing the door behind her.

"Are you okay?" He asked, concerned, while sitting next to me on the bed. I didn't reply to him as his closeness was affecting me and I still haven't forgotten about the other night. He sensed my edginess but didn't say anything further.

"Is dad okay? I want to see him!" I asked about the main thing that was bothering me. I just needed to know if he was alright. He looked at me and I saw tears in his eyes, threatening to fall.

'No, he can't! He had to be alive.' 

My eyes widened at his silence, and I immediately knew the answer.

"No, I healed him. I did, I swear. He has to be alive!" I said as tears were already rolling down my cheeks.

"Yes, Thea, I know you did. But he couldn't get through it." He replied, trying to hug me.

"No! He needs to be alive. I don't believe you. You're lying!" I stated, removing the duvet from me and ran downstairs.

"Althea, wait!" I heard Blaze shouting my name from behind.

I immediately stopped in my track when I spotted Alaya crying, and Bryan's body was lying in a glass coffin, surrounded by my mom and dad. Everyone was there, grieving for him.  It was actually true; Bryan didn't survive. I failed to heal him. I slowly approached them when Alaya saw me first, she ran towards me and hugged me tightly, crying.

"He couldn't get through it, Thea. He's dead!" She said, crying, and that was when I snapped from the daze I was in, and I hugged her too, crying.

"I'm sorry I couldn't heal him. I failed to bring him back." I replied, crying back. I felt her shake her head violently as she pulled herself back from me.

"No, you can't get to say that. You did what none of us could have done. You tried to heal him, Thea, but Bryan's heartbeat was already near a stop when you were able to start healing him. You were defending your pack; you were saving lives, as a true Luna should be doing. It's not your fault that Bryan couldn't get through it. I already felt that he had gone through the mate bond before the healing. You tried, Thea; you did what no one else could have done. I'm proud of you!" she said and I cried even more.

"I didn't try enough!" I replied, bowing my head towards her and crying out the pain I was feeling.

"Althea, dear, listen to me. I, as the Luna of the Fire Pack, order you to get these thoughts out of your mind. I'm not going to repeat myself. " She ordered and I had no choice but to obey. I nodded my head, and she hugged me back. I felt Blaze come and hug both of us tightly.

***********************************************************************************************

The funeral ceremony was beautifully executed. All pack members were now saying their last greeting to their Alpha by leaving a flower on his grave. With the last howls of all the pack members, it was the last goodbye to Alpha Bryan Miller. Blaze tightened his hand around mine as I let my tears out. When I looked up at Blaze, he was also crying, as if he needed my support to hold him. I tightened my hand in his as we waited for all the guests to leave, one by one.

I waited for everyone to leave before I said goodbye to Bryan. It started to rain, so everyone, like Alaya, dad, mom, Sophia, and Noah, went back, leaving Blaze and me alone. I pulled my hand out of Blaze's grip and moved toward the grave.

"I'm sorry, Dad. I tried; I tried my best, but I still couldn't save you. You were always the best father-in-law and a father figure to me. I'm sorry, I'm really sorry!" I said silently as I sobbed. Blaze came to hug me.

"We should get inside now!" he said and I nodded.

Arriving at the pack house, that place was so silent, as everyone was mourning the death of their Alpha. My dad came to me and said.

"I'm proud of you, my princess. You tried to save my brother, but everything happened for a reason. I'm just proud that you did your best." He said as he patted my head. He has been crying as well for the loss of his best friend. I just hugged him before I went back to the room. As Blaze didn't come with me, I locked myself in the room and just let all my feelings out.

'I tried to heal Bryan; I remember him being attacked. I quickly finished off a wolf and ran towards him. His pulse had already weakened and as I was healing him, it was becoming too much and taking most of my energy, which had led him to fall unconscious.  After that, I don't remember anything except when I woke up. I heard that Blaze came and finished off the rest of the battle. But the pain and regret were still in my heart because I felt like I hadn't tried my best. I was feeling so guilty towards Bryan because I failed as a healer.'

Regrets filled my entire body as I kept crying all that pain out.

Author's Note:

Hello, my beautiful people,

Hope you all are doing great! Especially today which is the day to celebrate with your loved ones. Well, we are ending this year with a sad chapter. I hope you guys are still reading but anyway, I just wanted to tell you all that more books will be coming next year, but it will be by the end of the year, cross-finger. I wish you all a very HAPPY NEW YEAR. May this year 2024 brings new opportunities, better health and happiness in your lives. I thank you guys so much for all your love and support. Please continue be my motivation to write. I love you all!

Love love, XO

Sayya