Truth

*Althea POV*

"We will eventually need to talk about everything, Blaze," I said after a moment of letting Blaze lean on my neck.

"I know Altha," he replied, lifting his head from my neck and looking at me.
'Did I hear him right? Did he say Althea or someone else's name?'

"What did you call me?" I asked curiously, and he looked away from me and didn't reply. Maybe he said his girlfriend's name, thinking that I was her for a moment. I couldn't help but feel hurt by this thought, so I stayed quiet as well.

"Althea, the truth is that I really love Amelia, and I can't give up on her." He said, looking at me guilty. I felt my heart breaking, but I was trying not to break down.

"But I also know that I will be needing you on the full moon nights," he said slowly.

"So, what do you want to do if you're not going to reject me?" I asked angrily, as he was trying to keep both of us for himself.

"I'll marry you Althea and make you my Luna, but I won't be able to love you. I love Amelia and I can't cheat on her." he said and looked away from me. 

I tried to process what he just said and deciding whether I should accept his offer or not. I did liked Blaze but was I really going to marry him just for the title of Luna. And he would always go back to Amelia. If I say no to him and told my parents about what happened, Bryan and my dad's friendship might break, and my dad would lose his best friend as well as Noah's. No matter how much I wanted Blaze to like me back, I finally knew that he wouldn't because his heart belonged to someone else. 'What should I do?'

"Rayn, help me!" I asked Rayn helplessly in my head, hopefully she would say something since she was hurting as well.

"We would need mate though Althea. We would need to be there for them as along as he isn't rejecting us." Rayn said sadly in my head then blocked me.

"Althea, say something, please." I jerked out of my thoughts when Blaze touched my hand. I looked back at him, and his face showed concern. Maybe because I didn't respond to him as I was talking to Rayn. But now I needed to give him my answer.

"Okay, I accept this." I said to him coldly, and I saw relief and a tint of happiness on his face.
"But only because of my dad and Bryan's friendship. I don't want them to lose what they have because of us." I said angrily, and he just nodded his head, frowning.

"So, how do we do this then?" I asked him impatiently so that I could get away from him and cry my heart out. It was getting difficult to hold on to these emotions now.

"When we go back there, we need to tell our parents, and then we will get married as soon as possible," he said with a glare at me. I didn't understand why he was angry at me. I should be the one angry, but here I was resisting my anger towards him.

"Okay!" I simply said that and turned to walk away towards the forest when he grabbed my hand.

"Where are you going?" he asked concerned.

"I'm going for my first shift. It's my 18th birthday today." I simply stated that and took my hand out of his grip.

"Right!"
"Can I come with you?" he asked, and I looked at him, surprised.

As much as I would have loved this idea of us being mates and going to a walk in our wolf form, this was not what I wanted at this moment because Rayn was hurting as well as me. Maybe if we had not had this situation, I would have let him, but not today.

"I just want to have this moment alone, please," I said with a small smile.

"Okay, I'll wait for you here so that we can get back together." he said, looking sad. I just nodded, then left towards the forest. When I reached behind a large tree, I stripped down my clothes and let Rayn take over.

After a few moments, I heard my bones start to crack, and it became so painful. I let out a scream and took deep breaths until I couldn't feel anything, and Rayn took over. As Rayn was out, she broke into a run, and we kept running for almost 20 minutes, then she slowed down near a lake. I wanted to see my wolf, and with the light coming from the moon, I would see her in the lake. So, Rayn stepped closer to the lake and looked into the water, and I finally saw Rayn.

"Wow! We are white!" I gasped, looking at us, and was just mesmerized at how pretty we were.

"Yes, Thea, we are gorgeously white. Which means that we are..."Rayn ranted while I interrupted her.
"A healer!" I said, knowing exactly what that meant. I had heard stories of healers from my mom since I was a pup. But I still couldn't believe that the Moon Goddess had blessed me with this power; it felt unreal.

We decided to lay down for a bit and recall what just happened earlier with Blaze. We were letting our sadness sink in and comforting each other.

"Rayn, I don't think I will be able to watch Blaze love another girl in front of my eyes." I said to Rayn, upset about just thinking that Blaze loved someone else and that he wouldn't love me at all.

"I know, Thea, it was going to be really hard. But I will be needing Azar on full moons and let's do it for Bryan and Stephan, please. " Rayn said, trying to convince me, but I knew she was as upset as I was.

"Yeah, for dad," I whispered.

After a long time, I got a mind link from Noah:

"Thea, where are you?" Noah asked, concerned in my mind.

"I went for a run with my wolf." I simply said

"You already shifted. I wanted to be there for you," he replied, now upset with me as I didn't tell him or anyone that I was going to shift.

"I've succeeded in doing it. It wasn't too bad," I replied, trying to sound happy.

"Okay, just come back now. It's already late, and you shouldn't keep wandering outside alone," he ordered me.

"Okay, I'm coming. " I said, and he shut the mind link.

We got up and started making our way back. We reached the same place where I shifted, and Rayn let me take control again, and I shifted back to my human form. I quickly got dressed and started to make my way back to the pack house.

"You're back!" I heard Blaze said, as he was sitting under a tree, waiting for me.

"You're still waiting!" I said, and he nodded, getting up.

"How was your shift?" he asked, trying to make a conversation as it was getting really weird between us.

"It was good. We should head back and tell our family about the marriage." I quickly said, trying to get away as soon as possible from him.

"Do you really want to do this with me, Althea?" Blaze asked, noticing how I was keeping a distance from him.

"I'm doing this for my dad, Blaze." I said it coldly and just went ahead, not waiting for him.

I didn't know why I was so angry about it, despite the fact that I knew he loved someone else before he found his mate, but this still wasn't hurting any less knowing that I would only be the Luna of the Fire Pack and Blaze's wife, not his love.