The entire enormous cavern was surrounded by players, so many that counting them all was difficult. However, what she witnessed at the center was the most beautiful sight...

"Shit! Fuck! I'm dyi-"

"Aghhh.... Goddamn! I can't even deal one dama-"

"Devs will definitely ban yo-"

"What is this..." Mei Mei muttered to herself as she gazed at the carnage taking place. The players were flying here and there, vanishing after dying, and new players appearing afterward and doing the same.

At the center of this carnage stood a beauty, whose presence overshadowed all the players there. Despite some eccentric players with many effects, this individual simply standing there with a calm face, platinum hair cascading down his back, green swirling eyes, and black irises, a third eye on his forehead shone with an eerie light, eclipsing them all.  He held a pitch-black scythe, its appearance as dark as an endless night.

He swung the scythe, and with each swing, players either took massive damage or were outright killed.

Mei Mei checked the player's status. No! It was not a player; it was a boss. He had a huge boss HP bar.

And not just any boss.

It was a World Enemy.

An enemy that threatened the world...

"Master..." Mei mei muttered as she looked at her master's new form. It was undeniably beautiful, but nothing could compare to her master's true face.

As for how she knew it was her master? How naive could anyone be? She was the self-proclaimed perfect maid, well-versed in every aspect of her master's identity. This included not only the obvious details but also the nuances, like the way he shifted his scythe from hand to hand every 5 seconds, his precise scythe swings, the method by which he seized the players, and even the way he employed his skills. She knew it all.

"We can't defeat him this way," one of the Heteromorphic players said, frustration apparent after engaging the boss for 20 minutes without inflicting a single point of damage.

"What's wrong, mortals?" The sin, the world enemy, inquired with a sly tone.

"Surprised to see a player as a world enemy?"

The players gazed at him with a mix of worry and anticipation. They had already reported this unusual occurrence to the game developers and received a notification that it would be fixed soon.

Yet, the players were driven by the allure of the rewards. The quest offered substantial rewards, and there was a high chance for the world enemy to drop rare loot or even a world item. Encountering a world enemy was exceedingly rare, as they were hidden secret bosses. However, when an announcement spread to every player in the world, more and more players flocked to the scene, replacing those who fell. Even the fallen players quickly returned, hoping to contribute to the world enemy's defeat. Despite it being a player origin, this world enemy proved to be an insurmountable challenge, toying with the countless players who attempted to bring it down.

******

The endless sea of players greeted Lucian as soon as he exited the dungeon door. It was followed by a notification announcing a new quest, filling him with excitement.

Without hesitation, Lucian delved into the crowd of players. Now that he had broken the level limit, he could play as much as he wanted. Immediately, he utilized his sin skills to weaken them by 30%, and then the carnage began.

The first line of players fell to a single strike of the Burning Sin Lance, a spell that unleashed massive area-of-effect damage. With Lucian's stats, one attack was all it took to annihilate them.