Alpha - Cruel World - Chapter 47

Start from the beginning

"You can sleep with me on the bed if you don't want to sleep alone," I nodded at the bed. I shouldn't dismiss him, or he might misunderstand my intentions again. After all, he's been sleeping with me for weeks and months- It's a bit uncomfortable to have the bed to myself.

Yangcha suddenly beamed at my invitation and leaned forward to hug my waist after I agreed to let him remain by my side. The alpha slipped his arm under my thighs and effortlessly lifted me off the couch before settling me onto the medical bed. He carefully tucked the blanket over my exposed legs before rolling in beside me, quickly adjusting his position to extend his arm over my pillow.

"Let me hold my beloved wife~!" He smiled, inviting me to rest on his strong bicep. I giggled and lay down on his arm as the man clutched my hips and leaned over to kiss the side of my head.

"The next time you upset me... I will never forgive you again. You should've spoken to me if you're troubled. It isn't right for you to behave in such a manner," I muttered, closing my eyes in exhaustion as he scratched my scalp between the loose strands. Yangcha scooted closer over the mattress and snuggled his face against my cheek, softly inhaling my scent with a faint smile.

"I thought I could live without disturbing you... but I felt miserable after you moved out. It's not you that needs me... it is me that can't seem to live without you. So forgive me for my rather... ridiculous first mistake as your husband. It's my first time being a husband, you see. Please be lenient with this young man, just this once~!" He whispered, shifting his head backward to study my face. I smiled without replying to him.

"You are a terrible husband," I agreed, turning to sleep on the opposite side.

"Noona~!" Yangcha whined beside my ear as he tugged my shoulder to make me lay on my back again. The man funnily swung his leg over my stomach, firmly hooking his heavy limb over me and hugged my waist tightly with a slight pout.

"It feels weird. For you to call me noona even after our marriage," I muttered. I like it when Yangcha calls me noona, but I believe... we're beyond that stage. I want him to be my equal.

"Yeobo. I love you," Yangcha smiled. My cheeks flushed red at his sweetness. Yangcha pursed his lips as he gently rubbed my belly, trying his best not to laugh at my reaction and softly pressed his face against my cheek. He's such a tease.

"Go to sleep~!" I whined, shoving his face away when he wouldn't stop sniffing my cheek. Why is he sniffing me?! It's ticklish.

"I've held myself back for so long because I foolishly thought you wanted space. But since you claim- I'm not giving you enough attention- I'll cling to you like a puppy! Don't complain!" He teased, stubbornly shoving his nose against my cheek again. I groaned and hugged his head as he repeatedly kissed all over my face, leaving his love prints all over my skin until I felt my heart fluttering with every stroke.

We fell asleep in each other's embrace that night after we made up, and Yangcha didn't leave my side the next day because it was his day off. He returned my belongings to our room, and we spent time together at the mansion afterward.

The elders are still absent. I guess it's best for them to avoid each other because the alliance has completely fallen apart. It's only a matter of time before the society attacks me, but I don't want to deal with the issue yet. I'm too wearied.

Fast Forward

I steered out of the tower's elevator on the automatic wheelchair until I passed the lounge to find Yangcha speaking with a young woman... who was sitting across from him on the couch. The woman shyly smiled at him while tucking her loose black hair behind her ear as I paused to stare at Yangcha's neutral expression.