Chapter 6 - HBP

It had been a few days and Katherines mood had lifted considerably. She was bouncing around the flat making herself and the twins breakfast. She was a little sad she couldn't join them in the shop today because of the conditions set out by her dad but she wasn't going to let it spoil her mood.

"Georgie, Freddie! Breakfasts ready!" She shouted as she plated up breakfast. Not even thirty seconds later two sets of footsteps came bounding into the kitchen.

"Morning KitKat, breakfast smells good" George said before pressing a kiss the Katherines temple.

"Thank you love. Now go and eat, you and Freddie have a big day, especially with your siblings and mother coming" Katherine reminded them.

"What are you going to do today Kat?" Fred asked in between bites.

"I'm going to head back home, I'm not allowed down to the shop, especially with the how busy its going to be. So I'm going back to Uncle Siri's and I'm going to see if I can come up with some new ideas for you guys" Katherine said sweetly, smiling at the pair.

"Did I ever tell you how much I love you my darling" George said whilst getting up causing Katherine to giggle.

"I believe you have Mon Amour, however I may need to hear it again" Katherine said heading into the kitchen so she can get started on the dishes.

"Well I love you, now leave the dishes alone, me and Freddie can do them later before we head over to Sirius's place" George said gently pulling his small girlfriend away from the dishes causing her to laugh.

"I love you too Georgie. Now I must go, dad was expecting me fifteen minutes ago" Katherine said before pulling George down for a kiss.

"Yeah go before he looses his mind" George replied giving he another quick kiss and pushing her towards Fred so she can hug him.

"Bye Freddie, I'll see you later" Katherine said hugging him quickly before waving at the twins and apparating away. Landing outside of Grimmauld Place she quickly opened the door and headed inside before she was seen. She had just closed the door behind her and moved towards the dining room before the door was flung open and there stood her dad.

"Hi dad" Katherine said with wide eyes. She knew how worried he must have been, she could see it on his face.

"Katherine Lupin, where in Godric's name have you been!?" Lupin yelled causing Katherine to flinch.

"I made breakfast for the twins before coming home" Katherine replied looking down at her feet.

"Do you have any idea how worried I've been?" Lupin asked sharply. All the noise seems to have attracted Sirius, James and Lily.

"Yes dad, I know, and it wont happen again" Katherine replied softly whilst still looking at her feet. The other three adults could see how she was starting to withdraw, they knew she didn't like it when people raised their voices, let alone at her.

"I don't think you do Katherine. I've been sat her worried that something had happened to you!" Lupin yelled causing Katherine to flinch.

"Alright Moony, you've made your point" Sirius said quietly behind Lupin.

"No Sirius I don't think I have. I trusted her to make sure she was back on time. Any later and she was supposed to inform one of us" Lupin snapped again. Katherine remained looking at the floor, but it was too late. The tears started falling from her eyes and she felt like that 9-year-old little girl all over again. Or the 13-year-old who could never do anything right.

"Remus look at her, I think she understands" Lily said sharply before heading over to the girl who had seemed to shrink. Lily reached out to touch Katherine, causing the small girl to flinch away and whimper. Sirius and James recognised straight away what was happening, as James had seen it in Sirius and Sirius had lived through it.