Chapter 1 - OOTP

It had been 3 weeks since everything had happened, Katherine was sat at the dinning table in Grimmauld place dinking her third cup of coffee for the day. She hadn't really slept since that days at Hogwarts. She couldn't, every time she closed her eyes she was just reliving her parents name coming out of Harry's mouth. Now that she was 17 she could legally change her name without her parents consent, she just wanted to talk to Lupin before she did.

"Dragon, I've got a surprise for you" Sirius shouted through the house, effectively waking up his mothers portrait. Katherine covered her ears to try and drown out Walburga's screaming, she removed her hands when Sirius walked into the room, however she didn't even look at him. Nor did she look at the person who sat next to her.

"Well Little Dragon, you've certainly seen better days" Katherine snapped her head up and almost cried as she saw Lupin sat in front of her.

"Papa Moon!" she tackled him in a hug and held on for dear life, "I've missed you! When did you get back?".

"Just now, I've fetched the rest of your things back from Lupin cottage. Now why do you look like you haven't slept for weeks and are running on nothing but coffee?" Lupin asked.

"Because, well, exactly that. I haven't slept since that night, I cant stop replaying that name coming out of Harry's mouth" Katherine said, sighing. "I've been thinking though".

"Ohh now here's trouble" Sirius joked from the seat at the head of the table, which was on her other side. She sent him a quick glare before turning back to Lupin.

"I want to change my name, I don't want to be a willow anymore, the Ministry have given me permission, they are just waiting on my new name to be able to change it legally" Katherine spoke quickly.

"And what is your name going to be?" Lupin asked with an amused smile.

"Well, I was wondering, if you would mind if I changed it to Lupin?" Katherine asked. Lupin sat there with his eyebrows up in his hairline they had shot up that fast and Sirius choked on his coffee. "If not that's totally alright" she added quickly.

"Are you sure?" Lupin asked, not quite believing what he had heard.

"I am, only if it's alright with you" Katherine responded instantly.

"Then its alright with me, I've seen you as my own daughter for a while Dragon, you know this" Lupin added quietly, giving her hand a gentle squeeze. Katherine had the biggest smile on her face as she jumped up and hugged him before dashing off to wite back to the Ministry with her name change.

"Well Papa Moon, I never thought id see the day, you with a child" Sirius joked before Lupin shoved him off his chair.

"Have you told her about the Weasleys arriving later?" Lupin asked as Sirius shook his head.

"She hasn't really said much, she sings a lot, a particular favourite is Hallelujah and Dream a Little Dream of Me by Doris Day, but other than that nothing. She's been ill recently too" Sirius said quietly.

"That's the effect of being away from George. She will be alright once he arrives, thank you Sirius, for taking care of her" Lupin said sincerely. Just then Katherines voice floated down the stairs, singing Hallelujah just like Sirius had said.

"She does have a wonderful voice, I could listen to it forever" Sirius commented, which made Lupin laugh.

"That she does Padfoot, that she does" Lupin muttered as he sipped his coffee.

*******

Katherine was snapped out of her singing by a loud commotion coming from downstairs, curious she poked her head out of he bedroom before walking to the stairs and looking over the railing when she saw a flash of the Weasleys red hair. Running down the stairs she burst through the door that they had just gone through.