Chapter 3 - HBP

The next two weeks seemed to go by slowly, Katherine spent her time with the twins during the evenings and Sirius, her dad and the potters during the day. Katherine was nervous for the next full moon, which was in two days' time, but she was also excited, she knew she could do it, she had no doubt about her power at all and it was fantastic knowing the people around her had confidence in her as well. However there was a matter she needed to address with them all today.

"Guys?" Katherine said as she walked into the dining room, one by one all the adults turned to look at the girl.

"What's the matter Kathy?" Lily asked sweetly, she had been watching James act like a poltergeist as he threw small objects about.

"When I bring you back, you need to know that before anyone tells Harry anything a full moon cycle needs to pass. This is to make sure that spell solidified and that there is no chance of anything going wrong. I am still moving ahead but I thought I should walk on the side of caution and not inform Harry until we know for sure" Katherine said softly, she wanted nothing more than Lily and James to be reunited with Harry, but she also didn't want to disappoint him either just in case.

"We actually agree, me and James were having this conversation just before you came down actually" Lily said taking Katherines hand, "whilst we also want to be reunited with Harry as soon as possible we also want to make sure it worked, so when the spell is done, before anyone can know about it, we will be returning here with you, Sirius and your dad".

"So only two days, are you ready?" Katherine asked a little excited.

"I am, I know James is, he's been constantly complaining that time seems to be going slower" Lily laughed.

"When I bring you two back I hope you know that age wise you will both be 36. The spell to bring you back will age you slightly to accommodate for the fact that had you been alive all those years you would have aged" Katherine said, she didn't quite understand it herself, it had been something Athena had mentioned to her in passing.

"And that is fine with me, you are giving us another shot, and that is all that matters to me" Lily said sweetly, "now come on before Sirius loses his mind" Lily laughed before pulling Katherine up and heading over to Sirius and James.

"You know James I might not be able to see you now, but when I do I'm going to bloody strangle you" Sirius grumbled out as Katherine caught the object flying towards him and facing James with a flat look.

"You've tormented him enough Prongs, leave him alone" Katherine said with a cheeky smile.

"You know what Embers, just for you I will. For an hour that is" James grinned at the small girl who walked away with a shake of her head.

"Katherine?" Lupin called, confused because he never uses her full name she followed the sound of his voice back to the dining room she had been in not that long ago.

"Yeah dad?" She asked as she walked into the room, to be met with the sight of Dumbledore as well as her dad.

"Hello Albus. Dad what's going on?" Katherine asked, she hated it when Dumbledore just popped in because the man doesn't do it without reason.

"Dumbledore just wanted to make sure you were ready for your ritual on the full moon" Lupin said quietly.

"Of course, I have everything planned out accordingly, though whilst you're here Albus I do want to address a dilemma with you. After speaking with Lily this morning, we both agree that Harry should not be told until a full moon cycle has been completed. I need to make sure everything is alright and I don't want to get his hopes up on the slight chance that they aren't" Katherine said quickly, causing Dumbledore to smile at her.