Chapter 13

"Harry Potter" Dumbledore yelled, "up here if you please" Katherine dragged him out of his conversation and pulled him into a standing position, she knew he didn't put his name into the goblet, but from the looks of the faces of everyone around her they didn't share the same mindset, the whispers in the Great Hall seemed to get louder the closer to Dumbledore he got. Harry headed off into the next chamber, and Dumbledore caught Katherines eye again and nodded towards the door the champions had gone through.

"I will be back in a little while, I need to help sort out this mess, I promised Pads and Papa Moon id keep him out of trouble" Katherine muttered to George before giving him a quick kiss and rushing off through the door that all the teachers had rushed through, she could hear the raised voice of Madam Maxime and she rushed over to Harry. Stopping in front of him she placed her hands on his shoulders and looked into his eyes. This was something she would need Elise for, calling her forward just enough to give her he ability to see through a lie.

"Harry did you put your name into the goblet of fire?" Katherine asked, her voice coming out sounding like a song.

"No Kat, I swear I didn't" Katherine couldn't detect the lie so changed her line of questioning, ignoring the protesting adults behind her.

"Did you ask an older student to put your name in?" She asked again, her voice raising slightly higher in pitch.

"No, I never wanted any part of the tournament" Harry answered monotonously.

"He didn't do it Professor Dumbledore; he's telling the truth" Katherine looked at her headmaster and he gave her a slight head nod.

"And 'ow do we know we can trust 'er" Madam Maxime exclaimed, causing Katherine to look at her curiously.

"Because Madam Maxime, I have learnt over the years how to detect a lie, my parents after all were some of the foulest people to walk the earth, so I had to learn for my survival, Professor Dumbledore trusts me, as does Mr Bagman and Mr Crouch" Katherine said confidently, making the tall woman nod her head slightly.

"Mr Crouch, Mr Bagman, you are our -er- objective judges. Surely you will agree that this is most irregular" Karkaroff spoke, and his voice set Katherine on edge.

"We must follow the rules, and the rules state that those people whose names come out of the Goblet of Fire are bound to compete in the tournament" Barty Crouch said curtly, Katherine walked over and placed her arm around Harry. He needed at least one person on his side, and right now Katherine seemed to be the only person.

"Well Barty knows the rule book back to front" Ludo Bagman said with finality as if announcing that the matter was closed.

"I insist on resubmitting the names of the rest of my students. You will set up the Goblet of Fire once more, and we will continue adding names until each school has two champions. It is only fair Dumbledore" Karkaroff stated. Katherines headache slowly stared returning.

"But Karkaroff it doesn't work like that. The Goblet of Fire's jus gone out. It wont reignite until the start of the next tournament- ". Ludo was saying, however Karkaroff cut him off.

"In which Durmstrang will most certainly not be competing" Karkaroff shouted, "after all our meetings and negotiations and compromises, I little expected something of this nature to occur! I have half a mind to leave now!" He continued his rant. Suddenly the pain in Katherines head started to increase.

"An empty threat, Karkaroff. You cant leave your champion now. He's got to compete. They've all got to compete. Binding magical contact, like Dumbledore said. Convenient eh?" Moody finished as he limped into the room.

"Convenient? I'm afraid I don't understand you, Moody" Karkaroff spoke, he tried to sound indifferent, however Katherine had noticed how tense he had become, and she put two and two together, heading over she quietly spoke to Dumbledore.