Chapter 7 - OOTP

After everyone had left Katherine made her way into the kitchen, singing the winner takes it all by ABBA, she was feeling out of sorts being alone as this house has been full of noise since July. Checking the clock she knew everyone would be back soon, so she climbed up the stairs and picked up her violin. She had started to learn it before she left her biological parents and picked it back up whilst waiting for Lupin to return home after his stay with the werewolves. Taking a deep breath she started playing the first notes to Hallelujah, she got so into the song however she hadn't noticed everyone had come back until she heard clapping as she finished the last note of the song. Looking up she saw Lupin and Sirius in her doorway.

"When did you get home?" Katherine asked.

"About halfway through the song Kat, you play exceptionally well" Lupin commented smiling at her.

"About the only thing that my parents did right was to let me play violin" Katherine snorted whilst placing her instrument away and following her dad and uncle down to the dining room. "Did everyone get off alright?" She asked quietly.

"Well we had to practically wrestle George onto the train but yeah everyone got off alright" Sirius laughed, and Katherine can imagine George doing just that, she loved him so much and she could physically feel the distance between them.

"Georgie?" Katherine asked in their link, she wasn't sure if it would work but all she could do was try.

"Hello, my love" Katherine nearly cried as she heard his reply, so obviously distance doesn't effect it.

"I miss you so much Georgie".

"I miss you too darling" Katherine could even hear the smirk he must have been wearing.

"Everything alright Dagon?" Sirius asked.

"Yeah uncle Siri, it turns out distance doesn't affect the link I share with George" Katherine said with a beaming smile, and this only made the other adults smile more, because honestly, none of them would know how to console a heartbroken Katherine if they could barely speak, it was bad enough they couldn't see each other every day.

"Good, he can keep you updated with everything going on at school in between his classes" Molly said with a smile.

"It better be in between his lessons Molly, or I will be telling you" Katherine laughed.

******

A few hours later Katherine was sat in her room reading when she felt the familiar zap in he mind of George trying to contact her.

"Georgie? Is everything alright Mon Amour?"

"Yeah KitKat, we've arrived and sitting in the Great Hall but the sorting is boring so I thought I might as well try and talk to you, cause you are far more interesting".

"Georgie, your supposed to be paying attention you know".

"I know Kat, but this is boring without you".

"Oh Georgie, I wish I could be there too".

"Its rubbish that they told you not to come back, I cant wait to be able to come and see you in a few days".

"Me too Georgie, oh what's the new Defence Against the Dark Arts professor like?"

"Someone called Delores Umbridge, Feast is starting Kat ill zap you before I go to bed, I love you".

"I love you too Georgie".

Sighing and standing up Katherine decided to head downstairs to find her dad and uncle. What she didn't expect was for Sirius to be belting out ABBA. Watching the scene she tried so hard to keep her laughter a bay until he jumped on the table and Lupin gave him a look that screamed murder, this is what set her off. Her laughing caught the attention of the adults and Sirius, who nearly fell onto Tonks as he jumped back in fright not expecting Katherine to be at the door.

"Someone needs to get you a bell Kat, I almost had a heart attack" Sirius whined.

"George has been in touch, they've arrived safe and were about to start their feast, the new Defence teacher is someone called Delores Umbridge" Katherine said with a sigh, but that name caused Arthur to look up.

"Umbridge? She works for the Ministry!" Arthur cried. At his words Katherines heart sunk, how was Dumbledore going to be able to get George to her if the Ministry is now at Hogwarts, deciding not to wait until he had finished his dinner Katherine contact George immediately through their link.

"Your new professor works for the Ministry, please be careful".

"WHAT! I promise you Kat, me and Fred will be extra cautious".

"Alright my love, enjoy your meal, I love you".

"I love you too".

"I've told George to be cautious, I don't like the fact the Ministry is interfering at Hogwarts, I should be there they aren't safe" Katherine said whilst pacing, Lupin came up and placed his hands on he shoulders to keep her in place.

"Dragon, you wouldn't even of got through the door with that woman there, she hates people that aren't completely human" Lupin said sadly, but Katherine shook her head.

"I cant stay here dad, not whilst they are in Hogwarts, Merlin knows what she's going to do" Katherine cried sitting down and putting her head in her hands.

"Kat do you remember what I said yesterday, it is not your job to save everyone. The others are in no immediate danger, it will be alright I promise" Sirius spoke softly rubbing her back.

"Now who's ready for dinner" Molly announced coming out of the kitchen with the food.

Katherine was enjoying her food and listening to the laughter and chatter at the table, they hadn't even realised how late it had gotten until Katherine felt the familiar zap in her mind.

"Georgie".

"Hey KitKat, I just wanted to hear your voice before I went to bed".

"I'm here Georgie, you can talk to me every night before bed if you want, and every moment you aren't busy".

"I will never be too busy for you Kat, but classes start in the morning, so I need sleep, I love you KitKat".

"I love you too Georgie".

"George?" Katherine jumped at the sound of her dads voice.

"Yeah, he was just saying goodnight, having that mind link really does help" Katherine uttered quietly, she noticed it was just her, her dad and uncle Sirius in the dining room now, "everyone gone to bed?"

"Yeah, but we aren't quite tired yet, so, why don't we bake a chocolate cake?" Sirius asked before well all jumped off and rushed to the kitchen. Katherine produced a ball of floating light that sat in the kitchen illuminating the whole room.

After about two hours the three of them sat at the dining table eating a piece of chocolate cake and quietly laughing amongst each other. Katherine looked at her dad and uncle and knew right there that this was her family, and there was no one who would fight harder for them to live.