Chapter 18

"Kat, I need your help!" Harry called to her whilst running down the corridor.

"What can I help you with?" Katherine responded politely, she wasn't feeling her best today, Athena said it's because she hadn't seen George much today. He was gone with Fred and Lee before she even woke up and has barely had chance to talk to him. Him and Fred have been trying so hard to get Ludo Bagman to talk to them, even Katherine had tried but he shut her down very quickly, which annoyed her greatly.

"Can you come to the library and help me figure out how I'm going to breathe underwater?" Harry asked quickly. Katherine sighed.

"I can't Harry, I really need to see George and then the judges require my help for the next task, you could always try the bubble head charm? But failing that I honestly don't know" Katherine said sadly, she wanted nothing more than to help Harry, but if she is required to help with the task tomorrow then she needs to see George, at least for an hour. And as if sensing that she was looking for him, George came round the corner with Fred.

"Don't worry about it, thanks anyway Kat" Harry said before heading off to the library.

"Hello, my darling" George greeted when he got closer.

"Hello Mon Amour" Katherine replied sinking into the embrace he had just pulled her into. "I needed this" she mumbled into his chest.

"Unsurprisingly so did I, I've been feeling a little ill today" George mused.

"Athena said it's because we haven't really been around each other much, and since we are always together its just going to take some getting used to" Katherine responded, "oh that reminds me, you only have me until just after the feast".

"What? Why?" George asked.

"Because they need Elise to go into the lake and report back what's happening, so I'm going to need you and Fred near the judges when Elise finally comes back up to the surface, or she may just drown Karkaroff" Katherine muttered, causing George to fall about laughing.

"I may just have to let her do that, he's a creepy bloke" George gasped out, she lightly slapped his arm before laughing herself. "Come on, if I don't get to see you tonight then we need to make the most out of the rest of the day" George said before taking he hand and pulling he down the corridor.

******

Elise/Katherine was swimming around and guarding the prizes, as Dumbledore called them, which were in fact four students, two of which were Hermione and Ron, to say Elise/Katherine was furious was an understatement. She was positively boiling with rage but there was little she could do about it right now. Elise popped up to the surface, barely breaking it and spied George exactly where she had told him to be, he caught her eye and winked before she dove back into the water, making sure to have sunk far enough down her tail wouldn't be seen.

She was swimming around near the hostages, that she had decided to call them, when Harry turned up, he was slightly startled when he saw Elise/Katherine, but thankfully kept his distance and concentrated on Ron, he also tried to get Hermione too, but the merpeople put a stop to that quickly. Cedric Diggory came, and again was startled by Elise/Katherine, or more so her tail, before tapping his wrist, cutting Cho Chang free and heading to the surface. Viktor Krum came next and took Hermione. Harry must of remembered no one was coming for the fourth hostage, he went to take her but Elise/Katherine grabbed his arm and pointed to the surface. After he was gone, Elise/Katherine came up with the fourth hostage, who turned out to be Fleurs little sister and swam her to the podium before swimming over to the judges. It was then people saw her tail.

"Elise, what happened down there?" Dumbledore asked.

"Harry arrived first using Gillyweed, and he would have won if he hadn't of tried to save more than one hostage, I admire his courage Albus. Cedric Diggory was the second to reach his hostage whilst using the bubblehead charm and Krum used an incomplete form of transfiguration, incredibly well done, and well I am unsure of what happened to Fleur as I didn't leave my spot". Elise/Katherines musical voice had captured the interest of many of the boys particularly that were now inching closer to the water.