Alpha - Cotton Candy - Chapter 46

Start from the beginning

No matter how fast he raced for her... he couldn't reach his lover.

The distance remained unchanging between them. Kim Taehyung felt... as if he was running on a stagnant treadmill.

Taehyung frowned when Sora turned toward the sea and strolled onto the concrete pier leading to the deep ocean. The alpha sucked in his breath to expand his deflated lung capacity and dashed over the seashore in determination, desperately racing after Jang Sora by the shore until he finally landed on the concrete dock with her as she strode towards the edge.

The delicate sea breeze... gusting softly against their bodies as the calm tides crash... lightly against the rocky barrier along the bridge.

"Appa~!" The baby suddenly cried while pouting at Taehyung as she blinked at him in tears. She was staring at the alpha with her small chin rested over her mother's shoulder.

"You want to go to appa...?" Sora smiled, lowering her daughter from her shoulder to examine the baby's glassy pupils.

The baby glanced at Taehyung again, who halted just five feet away from Jang Sora as she stood on the edge of the dock, leading right into the deep end of the cold sea. Kim Taehyung panted heavily... too afraid to shift his eyes away as the woman dangerously stood by the rim with the weeping child.

"Sora," Taehyung called for her again, thinking she wouldn't hear her. But she did.

His heart stopped pounding when the supreme alpha turned to face him as she held onto the child with a faint smile. Kim Taehyung gripped the bouquet in tears once she finally acknowledged his presence... but he didn't dare take a step forward because he was afraid... she'd drift farther away from him again.

"She wants to go to you," Sora chuckled weakly at her daughter as the baby girl sulked with her little pouty lips. Taehyung recognized it right away, the familiar pouts. It belonged to Jang Sora. The child adopted most of her mother's features... even her facial expressions.

"Appa~!" The baby whined, extending her small arms for the man as he stood in his golden suit and the flower bouquet. Kim Taehyung clenched his jaw and shifted his gaze warily to Jang Sora with a racing heart.

"Sora, step towards me. Can you do that...?" Taehyung shakily requested, lifting his free hand for her. The supreme alpha blinked in complete muteness and glanced at his open palm as she stood by the edge before the rising morning sun. Her wild strands... fluttering all over her face as she blankly gazed at the anxious man before her.

"Step forward...?" She asked, nervously glancing down at her child, who was desperately wiggling her tiny fingers for Kim Taehyung.

"Just a few steps. Please reach for me," Taehyung encouraged, anxiously studying her hesitation. Sora glanced at the tearful child and back at the alpha again with a conflicted frown.

"Okay," Sora nodded and stepped forward. Taehyung clenched his jaw as he impatiently stood in his position. The supreme alpha took another step forward... with her child and then another step... until... she stood... right before Kim Taehyung.

The gap had shortened as he anticipated... but he was still afraid of touching her. The alpha pursed his lips without blinking as the unconscious tear streams... spilled from his lower lashes. He desperately wanted to hold her. To protect their child. To comfort her and assure her of their safety... but he couldn't risk it. What if she disappears again? [Edited]

The gap had shortened as he anticipated... but he was still afraid of touching her. The alpha pursed his lips without blinking as the unconscious tear steam... spilled from his lower lashes. He desperately wanted to hold her. To protect their child. To comfort her and assure her of their safety... but he couldn't risk it. What if she disappears again?