Chapter 30: Is ignoring the best solution?

Vit’s POV:

I can’t believe, Savit again chickened out when Tai confessed to him. Arghh…what do I do with this guy? I have been working for Savit ever since he joined the company as a CEO, and surprisingly, we have become best friends, where I could actually tolerate all his mood swings. In all these years that I have been with him, I have never once seen him sparing a glance at someone other than his family, let alone him being interested in someone. But all of it changed when Tai joined our company as the new marketing head. I knew Savit had his eyes set on him since the first meeting he had with him, which was unsuccessful, though. I still remember how he had called right after shutting down his laptop to enquire about Tai.

Flashback…

“Hello, Vit.”

“Yes. Tell me.”

“Can you tell me more about the new marketing head?”

“New marketing head, Tai?”

“Yes.”

“Sure. What do you want to know about him?”

“Name: Tai Adulyadej. Age: 22 years old. Studied an MBA in Marketing from Bangkok University. Aslo is an intelligent kid, hence finished schooling earlier than age. Interned with SEW Technologies and worked with Asian Neworks as a marketing manager before joining SA Telecommunications. Has family resort in Phuket. Lives alone here in Bangkok.”

“Ok. Anything else?” asked Savit.

“Nope, that’s what I know through resume and cover letter. But why are you asking about him? Is he not a good fit? I selected him in person, though.” I asked and clarified.

“No. No. He is a good fit. I’m just curious.”

“Curious? And you?” I laughed. “Tell me what it is?”

“It’s nothing, and why can’t I be curious?”

“No. You can definitely be curious why not? But I have never seen you being that in all these past years, that’s why I asked.”

“I’m curious, and that’s it. I do not have any explanations for this and you, Mr. please remember that I’m still your boss.”

I knew he was sulking now, and that why this fake threat. So, I just said, “Aye, Aye Captain.” and kept the call.

Flashback ends…

However, that did not stop me from feeding my curiosity of why was Savit suddenly interested in the new marketing head, thus deciding to keep an eye on them. And voila, I was satisfied with whatever I saw.
Since the first in-person meeting with Tai, Savit just couldn’t take his eyes or mind of Tai. Whatever, the younger did attracted Tai like no one or nothing else did. Each encounter with Tai left a deeper impression on Savit, and with time, it became difficult for him to suppress his feelings for him. But he still did because of what happened in the past. He couldn’t overcome this very fear and be with Tai. And now, even though he has asked Tai to be with someone else, I know that he can’t see him being with someone other than him. IDIOT, doesn’t even know how to claim what's yours.

Anyways, I just asked Savit about what he plans to do further, because only will I be able to come up with a plan to help him, and what he said just confirmed my suspicions that my friend is MAD.

“Vit. I know what I have to do.”

“And what is that?”

“I’ll just ignore him. It’s not like I see him every day anyway. Moreover, it was because of Arisa that we were meeting each other so often, but if I reduced that, then it shouldn’t be a problem. And then, if I’m away from him, then he might even get a chance to the right person for him.”

“Is ignoring the best decision?” I asked.

“I don’t know that, but that’s all what I have got now, and you better support me in this. Understood?”

“Yes Sir.”

Anyways, after I kept the call, I had an evil plan forming in my head. I know, Savit would be angry when I execute the plan, but now I have no other options but to take matters into my hand and make it happen. That is to bring Savit and Tai together, because there is no better match than Tai for him.

Sorting out the plan, I quickly call the people who are going to help me in all this, and now the plan will fall into action from the day Tai comes back to the office. ‘Now you wait and see my dear best friend how I make you a married man.’ I let out a huff and smirk.

Three weeks later,

Today was the day that Tai was coming back to work. Thus, today was also the day that I was going to bring my action into plan. So, to commence the plan, I was waiting at the entrance of the office to welcome Tai and then personally guide him to his cabin. A few minutes later, I see Tai entering the office promises with his everlasting bunny smile on his face. So, I quickly went towards him and gave him a hug. He got startled by the hug but eventually gave in and laughed. Coming out of the embrace, I say,

“Thank god you are back in one piece. You scared the shit out of us. If something had happened to you, then Savit would have been devastated. (It wasn’t a lie.)”

He scratched his head, gave a nervous laugh, and said, “Hehe. I had to do what I had to do to save Arisa’s life and Mr. Vit I do not think Mr. Savit would have been devastated, but yeah, he might have felt bad, though.”

“You don’t my dear. You don’t know. Anyways, let’s go to your cabin. Your precfious files are waiting for you.”

We both laughed at that and started to move toward’s Tai’s cabin.

I'm back, guys. Thank you for your patience and immense support, everyone. I was busy with my dissertation and moving from one country to another (haha, just came back home). I'll try my best to get back into the routine now. Happy Reading 📚 😊