Chapter 4: Meeting the Handsome Prince (Part 1)

Tai's POV:
After the cancelled meeting with Mr.Savit a week ago, I was never contacted back again by him for the meeting, instead I had to present a brief over of the company's market share to Mr. Vit, his secretary which was also later presented at the shareholder's meeting today.
But after the shareholder's meeting today Mr. Vit asked me to come to his cabin, as he had something to say. Entering into his cabin, I saw him busy on the call, but also asked me to take a seat, while he talked to the person on call. And while waiting for him to finish talking on the call and keeping myself busy, I quickly checked my phone, in order to see if I any urgent messages to reply to.
Having nothing else to do, I patiently waited for Mr. Vit to get done with his call and then tell me why he had asked me to meet him. Soon enough Mr. Vit was done speaking on the call and he turned towards me, while bringing out a file from the cabinet behind his desk.
He opened the file and gave me to read it, I went through the contents quickly and saw that it was about some charity event, although I wondered why he was showing me this. So, I asked him what did I exactly had to do. Thus, he explained me that this is an annual charity event (basically a ball) conducted by SA Telecommunications in order to collect money from the elites and sponsor the treatment for the cancer patients who can't afford such expensive medicines and surgeries. And this was started 20 years ago when Mrs. Asnee's mother had died of throat cancer.
So even this year SA Telecommunications was going to continue with the tradition and arrange the Charity ball and turn it into a successful event. And I being the newly appointed Marketing Head will have to personally invite all our business partners, associates, colleagues and also people from the entertainment industry, along with that also had to prepare a budget for the event and work it out with the others.
And that's how I got loads of work to do for the course of next 20 days. And believe me when I say that the next 20 days just went away within the blink of an eye. I had a lot to do. I not only had to send everyone online invitations but also had to personally visit many of them. There were some 300 invitees and out which I personally had to visit at least 200 of them, some of them were our business partners, while the others were TV celebrities whom I had only seen on TV. But because of this charity event I had a chance to meet them all.
Well, anyhow I was able to complete all the tasks on time, although me being clumsy had managed to hurt myself while visiting the venue along with the PR team when I knocked myself on a bamboo pole nearby while walking blindly. My fault! I know but it was nothing that serious, I had just got a small bump on the right corner of my forehead. Anyways, Let’s move forward.
So the charity event was day after tomorrow and we were almost done with all the preparations just some last minutes things were left to check and you all know what, it is also going to be the day I meet Mr. Savit for the first time and I was nervous! Yes! Because for starters I did not know how act around him, because in this whole month of working at SA Telecommunications the only thing that I heard about Mr. Savit was, he was a sweet guy and really friendly with his employees but the only thing that he hated was clumsiness and FYI "I WAS CLUMSY ". So….
Event Day:
It was already 5:30 pm and I had just finished double checking all the arrangements at the venue, and now I was all set to go back home, have a warm shower and dress up and reach the venue at sharp 7pm because the charity ball would commence then, but before I could head out Mr. Vit came to my cabin and asked me if everything was all set? And whether I was ready to meet Mr. Savit or not?" And I could only nod in affirmation.
At the venue 7pm sharp, I was at the entrance welcoming guests along with the communications Head of our company, when Mr. Vit entered the hall and surprisingly Tiraya was tagging along with him in a beautiful peach coloured A - line gown. Well, we could bring dates along with us, but I did not have the energy to ask anyone out, although I would have asked Nin to be my date if currently she would have not been out of town, enjoying her vacation with her family.
Anyways back to Mr. Vit and Tiraya, after they entered the party hall, Tiraya quickly left Mr.Vit's side and latched onto me while Mr. Vit became busy talking to our business clients. And I took this opportunity to question Tiraya about her entry with Mr. Vit at the venue but before she could answer, Mr. Vit called for us.
Reaching on to him, Mr. Vit asked "Tai are you ready to meet our boss?" And I just nodded my head in response unable to say anything because of the nervousness that started to kick in as till today I had only met him via online meets, where we only could hear his audio, as his camera was always off. So basically this was my first time meeting him vis - a - vis.
But anyways saying this, Mr. Vit guided us towards the centre of hall, and with a glass of champagne in one hand and Tiraya on the other, I blindly move forward following Mr. Vit, only to bump into someone and drop the expensive champagne on their expensive dress shoes.

Finally 1000+ words...
Here's yet another update. Happy Reading 📚