Chapter Twenty

I know a lot of you have questions about Elena and Harry's random spurt and Elena's confusing feelings, but take a moment to put yourself in her shoes. She doesn't usually date, and when she did it didn't go over well. Plus, she's stressed as fuck right now over her job (which is a very demanding one) so you have to cut her some slack. Harry is clearly very into her, and he doesn't usually open up (in this story) so he trusts her and doesn't want to lose that. It's a fine line they are walking, and it's breaking a little right now. Do not give up hope. Everything happens for a reason.

Also, I am sorry for the lack of Liam right now, I know some of you came because of the possibility of a Liam fic but it just shifted as I wrote it and Elena went in another direction. I can't write a whole story about her choosing one or the other it's a little difficult (and boring) haha. He's not gone though I promise.

ALSO fun fact I actually LOVE Dylan O'Brien in real life so this depiction of him is NOTHING like how I think he actually is. I love him. Like a lot.

My head was spinning. How could he say that? Why would he say that?

Harry.

"I need to go," I stuttered pathetically, completely taken off guard by his shocking comment.

"Please think about it, Ellie."

"Don't call me that," I spit before storming out the door. The sound of my old nickname sent shots through my chest as memories of us flooded through my mind. Harry called me Elle, but that was different than Ellie. Ellie is a child's name, and I am not a child.

I couldn't fall back into that abusive cycle with Dylan. He was not good for me and he never would be no matter what he says. I clenched my fists in frustration and heard the sound of a paper crumpling. I looked down to see the audition slip in my hand and unwrinkled it.

CALL - FEMALE LEAD FOR FEATURE FILM "SUNSET BLVD"

Well that's a stupid name, I thought.

CHARACTER: JESS

20-23 YEARS OLD. QUIET, NEW TO LA TO ESCAPE HER DANGEROUS PAST IN MISSISSIPPI. MATTS LOVE INTEREST. BROWN HAIR, MUST HAVE BLUE EYES (ESSENTIAL TO PLOT).

Matt must have been Dylan's role, which explained why he wanted me to have this one so bad. As cliche as the movie sounded, I tucked the slip in my pocket for safe keeping, just in case I changed my mind before Sunday. Never mind Dylan, this job could be my assertion of independence. I could make my own choices, be my own person, and not be defined by a boy band. The only problem was, I'd be breaking my tour contract, therefore leaving Harry.

I didn't want to do that. I didn't want to leave Harry.

It was then that I remembered why I had even left this morning. Instantly feeling guilty, I knew I had to talk to him. Driving faster than the wind, I sped back to Harry's house only to meet him pulling out of the driveway in his car.

"Elena!" He called as he skidded the car to a stop and jumped out. "Why didn't you answer my calls?"

Shit. I had left my phone in the kitchen. He must be fucking pissed.

Harry ran towards me and gathered me up in his arms. I could feel his heart pounding through his shirt as he held me tightly. "When I saw my bike gone and you didn't pick up your phone I thought you were hurt. You can't do that to me, Elle."

"Harry I'm sorry," I said into his shoulder, "I didn't mean to say those things, I shouldn't have taken your bike, I should have brought my phone-"