Chapter Fifteen

It was passionate, but it wasn't slow. Harry and I released the wild tension that always seemed to build up in one incredible night. All I could remember was the way his lips brushed my skin and how his deep voice sent shivers down my spine.

He stopped it all too soon, again. I can't say I wasn't thankful. The last thing I needed was that on top of Liam's confession and my new decision.

As we lay in his bed intertwined in each other and the blankets, Harry turned my cheek to face him. His face was flushed from his high, and his eyes looked like they hid galaxies behind their green tint. Galaxies I had yet to discover.

"I'm not sure we can take this much slower," he laughed, "because we can't seem to keep our hands off each other."

I grinned a guilty grin as I leaned forward to peck his smiling lips again.

"Stop trying to define us, let's just see where it goes," I reassured him with a smile, "you know about how relationships make me feel."

Harry's eyes lowered. "You said you only wanted me."

"I do! That's not what I meant," I protested, "but that doesn't mean I'm not afraid."

He sat up on his elbow and stared at my through the dark. Even now, I could see the green sparkle in his eyes.

"You're not afraid of anything else, why are you afraid of me?"

I rolled my eyes. "I'm not afraid of you I'm afraid of relationships-"

"No you're not," Harry stated bluntly, "You're afraid of me. Or something about me. Or how I make you feel. I mean you'd date Liam if you had the chance, just because he's safe and non-threatening. But you're scared of me and what we have, why?"

I just stared at him, mouth slightly parted in my surprise. This man knew more about me in the two months since we met than I even wanted to admit to myself. Was he right? Was I scared of how he made me feel?

"Maybe you're right," I whispered.

Harry's eyes widened in mock surprise. "Oh my god, you're agreeing with me?"

I threw my head back and giggled at his response. Classic Harry, never serious for too long.

"Watch it, Styles," I mumbled with a small smirk, "Just be thankful, it won't happen often."

"Ohhh," Harry slurred as he rolled himself on top of me and placed kisses on my neck and shoulders. "So I get to have you a little longer?"

I looked down at his puppy dog pout and smiled a genuinely happy smile, something I hadn't done in a while. But it was soon erased as I remembered Liam's confession.

"Harry," I began slowly. He raised his eyebrows waiting for me to continue. "Last night, Liam told me something."

His eyes narrowed in concentration. "What?"

I sucked in a sharp breath as I prepared myself for the reaction this might provoke. Typical, just as things were getting simple and happy I have to go and ruin them.

"He told me he loved me."

Harry looked taken aback and sat up, straddling my waist. "When? When you were making out?"

"No, no after you left. I started crying and he tried to comfort me, but I pushed him away. Then he got really offended and blurted it out," I looked everywhere but Harry as I told him this, but as soon as I looked back he didn't meet my gaze.

His eyes were fixed on a mysterious point above my head, but he was clearly lost in his thoughts.

"On top of being scared of...us, I'm scared of hurting Liam more. I don't like letting people down-"