Betrayal

Salt 17 ~

Class Salt 

Daminette 

Marinette stared out the window. She watched the raindrops fall as she sat comfy in her chair.  

"We will now be landing in Gotham. The local time is 19:03. Please fasten your seatbelts and prepare for landing. All items and food trays must be stowed away."

Marinette sighed as she fastened her seatbelt, preparing to land in a city, in America. One she's never been to before. One where she was heading to by herself. One where she knew no one. She thought back to where this had started, how she had ended up moving to the city with the highest crime rate. 

Flashback
"Look girl, you can't keep accusing Lila without proof", Alya sighed, cleary looking tired. 

"But she-", Marinette started, only to be cut off.

"I know you have a thing against her cause she likes Adrien but this is too far. There's only two options Marinette. Either you stole those things or someone is framing you. And if want to find out who is framing you, you need to consider other options other than Lila", Alya explained.

"But Alya, if I did steal her pendant, how would she have known that it was in my locker, one that can be easily broken into, if she herself didn't place it?" Marinette tried reasoning.

"Maybe someone left her an anonymous note like they left Ms Bustier one" Alya suggested.

"Then how do you explain her accusing me of pushing her down the stairs?", Marinette challenged. 

"I don't know. Maybe someone else did?", Alya replied.

"Someone else?? Alya, there was only two people. Me and her. Are you saying I actually pushed her down?", Marinette asked in disbelief.

"Girl, don't put words in my mouth", Alya argued. "But given how you act when another girl takes interest in Adrien, I wouldn't be surprised. Maybe you did it out of anger?"

"Alya, you're my best friend. Do you really think I would go that far?", Marinette asked, tears forming. How could Alya say that? 

"Look Marinette, all the evidence points to yo-"

"Evidence that could have easily been planted by someone else", Marinette scoffed, clearly done with this.

"Well, unless you have proof Lila did it, then I can't believe you", Alya sighed, also done with this conversation. Why did she always attack poor Lila?

"This isn't evidence enough? I know they are all circumstantial, but given everything, Alya, you're right. There are two options. It was either all done by me, or Lila is framing me. Unless you're saying it was all done by a third nobody?", Marinette questioned. 

"If I didn't believe you, I wouldn't be investigating for you", Alya yelled. 

"If you believed me, you would look into my side of the story", Marinette said sternly.

"I'm done trying to help you. If you can't accept that Lila could possibly have a crush on a boy you can't confess to, then thats on you", Alya said, cutting the call. 

Marinette stared at her blannk phone. Why didn't Alya believe her? Why was she trying so hard to prove it wasn't Lila? 

"Marinette, are you okay?", Tikki asked, concerned.

"It's just that, why doesn't she believe me. If you look at it clearly Tikki, with all three incidents there's only two conclusions. Lila is lying or I actually did all of that. Why is Alya trying so hard to prove that Lila isn't the criminal?", Marinette sobbed.