A Fairytale (Part 1)

Salt 13~

AU

Lukanette

Princess Marinette Dupain-Cheng of France. Daughter of His Majesty, Tom Dupain, King of France and Her Highness, Sabine Cheng, daughter of Emperor Cheng of China.

Both Tom and Sabine had fallen in love and really believed in the magic of true love, and wanted their daughter to marry someone, she truely loved. He didn't have to be of royal blood, he just needed to be the right person to take care of their lovely daughter. The whole country were aware of this, so this meant every young man had a chance to be betrothed to the princess. Of course there were many who would want to marry her, just to take over the kingdom, and Princess Marinette was very well aware of this. However, she already had her eyes set upon someone.

Marinette had wanted to learn music, and her parents had sought for the best musician in the whole country. Jagged Stone sent his son, Luka to go teach the princess. Marinette was a bit nervous at first, since she was not very used to have male friends, but after their first lesson, she fell in love with him.

She loved how he he played music with his soul. She loved his kind and gentle nature. And she loved how he used music to communicate. She could only hope that he would feel the same way about her.

It had been two years now, since she had met Luka, and her 18th birthday was coming up, where she would start preparing to become bethrothed.

"I can't imagine being with anyone but Luka", Marinette sighed.

"I'm sure he reciporicates you're feelings, your Highness", Tikki, her lady-in-waiting, comforted her.

"I hope so. I don't want to let down my parents by not marrying someone, but I don't want to marry anyone but him", Marinette cried.

"Love is a difficult thing, and it takes time. You must be patient and the right time will come. Maybe he himself will ask for your hand in marriage", Tikki advised, putting Marinette's hair into a braid.

Marinette smiled. Tikki was always so wise and patient, she sometimes thought she might be a goddess.

"Has Plagg asked for your hand in marriage?", Marinette asked.

"I-...uh- that's not important! This is about you, your Highness", Tikki spluttered, blushing.

Marinette giggled, knowing full and well that her lady-in-waiting had feelings for Plagg, a knight, who also worked under Sir Adrien Agreste. Tikki and Plagg were childhood friends, just like all the other servants who worked in the palace. Their families had been attending the royal family for many generations, and they were happy to carry their family legacy.

Adrien had grown up in the palace is well, as his father served right under her father. Sure he was good looking, but he had the BIGGEST ego in the whole world, and was very sure that she would marry him, or so she had heard. Marinette took a look at her hair.

"Its beautiful Tikki! Thank you", Marinette thanked, admiring her hair. Only Tikki could do something special like this.

"It your beauty and kind soul that makes it more beautiful", Tikki added.

"Your highness, the musician is here", a voice said.

"You can come in Plagg", Marinette giggled.

Plagg stepped in and immediately his eyes fell on Tikki.

"Hey sugarcube! Would you care to go for a walk? That is if you're free. And if you want to", Plagg asked.

Tikki looked over at Marinette. Marinette smiled at her.

"Its alright Tikki. Its time for my music lesson anyway", Marinette reassured her.

"I would love to Plagg", Tikki responded shyly, taking his arm.

Marinette smiled as she watched them leave.

"They make a lovely couple don't you think?", Luka asked, entering her room.

"They do. They've been in love with each other for the longest time", Marinette answered.

"How long?", Luka asked, curious

"I'm not sure, but they've been here longer, before I was even born", Marinette replied.

"I see", Luka responded, while setting up his guitar.

The music lesson went well, and when it ended, Marinette was sad to see Luka go. But she had to gather the courage to ask him.

"Luka?"

"Yes, your highness?", Luka responded.

"Well, I just...I...um..."

"Is everything alright?", Luka asked, worried.

"Yes, I was just wondering if you were coming to the ball. Tomorrow?", Marinette asked.

"The one for your 18th birthday?", Luka asked, not sure where this was going.

"Yes that one. Are you coming?", Marinette asked again.

Luka wasn't sure what to answer with. Well, its not like the princess was specifically wanting him to come or anything. She was the princess! There was no way she would fall in love with someone like him.

"No, I'm not really the type", Luka answered.

"I want you to come", Marinette replied.

"What?"

"I said, I want you to come. I am personally inviting you to the ball, Luka. It is my command", Marinette giggled.

It was like music to Luka's ears. Perhaps he did have a chance.

"Well I cannot object to an order from the Princess. I will see you tomorrow at the ball, your highness", Luka said bowing, before leaving.

"From your smile, I presume it went well?", Tikki asked, entering a few minutes later.

"He's coming tomorrow. Then when I'm sure, I'll tell papa and mama", Marinette told, still smiling.

Little did they know, someone was listening in on their conversation.

"LUKA! HOW DARE HE! THAT BLUE HAIRED MUSICIAN!", Adrien raged, as he cut the curtains with his sword.

"Calm down Adrien. Calm down", he told himself. There was still time. The princess was his and his only. He couldn't let her slip away. But the king and queen would allow the wedding.

"Ugh! True love! The princess should love me, and me only! All of I have to do, is convince the princess, no, I'll convince the whole kingdom, that Luka is nothing but a commoner looking to overthrow the king and take control. That way, the king would have no choice but to exile him, or even better...BEHEAD HIM! Then Marinette will marry me, and soon enough I will become king! Then I, Adrien Agreste, will not only have the most beautiful wife in the whole world, but I will also be the most powerful king!", Adrien plotted.

Then a thought occurred to him.

"I don't want to wait another 10 more years until the king decides to step down. But perhaps...hmmm...maybe...", Adrien thought to himself.

"YES! THATS THE PERFECT PLAN! This way, I can get rid of both Luka and the king. In one night! Tomorrow night! But I'll have to make a trip to that witch...", Adrien groaned. 

***************************************************************************

YAYAYAAY!!

felt like i haven't done lukanette is a long time

OKI

SO

this one-shot is actually pretty long 😅😅😅😅 but its not long enough to be a story kind off, so im just making it into 3 parts :)

and i will publish them all at once!!!

yayayyayayaayayy

please do not steal my ideas 😐😐😐stealing is bad 😒😒

but do vote! comment! follow!

- Marshmallow c: