New Story

Salt 12~

Class Salt 

Felinette

Lila had come back. She had gotten Marinette expelled, but somehow gotten her back in. Marinette was surprised and thought maybe Lila wasn't so bad, but that quickly died when she came back to class. She immediatley saw that everyone is the class was praising Lila, and poor Mari was pushed to the back again. Slowly, but surely, Lila got ahold of the class and they started to forget about the good that Marinette had done. Without being aware themseleves, they stopped hanging out with her, stopped talking to her and just in all stopped being around her. Instead their attention was all on Lila. Even Alya started to call Lila her BFF. 

Admist all this Adrien still convinced Marinette to take the highroad. And eventually, somehow, they started dating. Well it was more like Marinette was dating Adrien, as he seemed more concerned about Lila's feelings. He always reassured Marinette that he wouldn't fall for Lila and her lies.

Years passed, and they all graduated, the class still close with eachother and Lila still spinning her lies. No one knew that Marientte and Adrien were together and they were engaged. It was to Marinette's understanding that Adrien wanting to keep it a secret due to the press and media. Together they were running the Gabriel Agreste brand with Adrien being the owner and Mari working underneath him. Though that was only on the outside. Marinette was the one who was keeping the company alive. It had been a few months since thay had gotten engaged and Adrien had been acting weird.

"Adrien, are you alright?", Marinette asked.

"Of course I am, why do you ask?", he replied.

"Well, its just that you've been acting weird. You stay at work later, you're always on last minute business trips that I'm not aware of, and so on.", Mari listed.

"Work is just getting a bit busy. We need to make sure that the Gabriel brand is always at the top", Adrien explained.

"Maybe you can let me desi-", Mari started.

"Marientte, we already talked about this. You're style is different to what we want to sell. And everyone like what's being sold right now. And plus, you're my sectretary, not our company's designer", Adrien huffed, slightly getting annoyed.

"But, the ones being we're making right now are very similar to the summer flower theme i designed last year, which you said won't be in fashion", Mari responded, realising that Adrien was definitely hiding something from her. He couldn't be using her for her designs and passing them off as his own, right?

"Look, these flower designs were made by my top designer! We will not be discussing this anymore!", Adrien yelled, causing poor Marinette to stumble back in fear.

"I understand", Marinette whispered, tears in her eyes. Then she realised something. "Who is your top designer? You never mentioned their name to me, nor have I seen them". 

"That is none of your business. I'm your boss, remember. You work for me", he warned.

And I'm your soon-to-be wife, remember?, Marinette thought, but she knew it was better to stay quiet. 

Over the next few weeks, it got worse and worse. Her days at work were starting to decrease, as Adrien's began to increase. She barely saw him. He would come in late night and leave early, or not come in at all.

"What did I do wrong?", Marinette asked Tikki, as she sat on their couch with a bowl full of ice-cream, scrolling through her social media.

"You did nothing wrong Marinette", Tikki comforted her owner, her best friend.