Goodbye

Salt 10~

Everbody Salt

Warning: Suicide and Self-Harm

Marinette stood over the railings. This was it. It was the end. She had made her choice and nothing could stop her. Paris may still need Ladybug, but Paris didn't need Marinette Dupain-Cheng. Now Paris was going grieve the loss of the beloved heroine, and they only had one person to blame. Lila Rossi.

Lila had been successful in taking away everything from Marinette. 

We don't want to be friends with a bully like you!

Trash

Worthless

Useless

Bully

Slut

Whore

Waste of space

Liar

All those words ran through her head

Ugly

Selfish

Stupid

Sure they were small words. Well most of them were only one word. But they hurt alot. Each one cut in like a sharp knife. Both emotionally and physically. Every time they hurt her, she cut herself. Her arms would bleed, reminding her that she is still alive. 

Marinette looked down at the busy streets beneath her. She remembered the times when they had fun, back when they were all friends. Back when she was happy. She remembered those times she had followed Adrien every to his photoshoots. How she had memorised his schedule. Made gifts for every occassion. He had said that they were in it together. But clearly, it was her against the world. 

Somewhere in the back, her mind kept telling her not to jump. And to think about her parents. Her sweet parents who had stuck by her no matter what. Who embraced her with love when things got rough. And sweet, sweet Luka, who never left her side. Luka believed her over the liar, even though everyone tried to convince him that she was the real enemy. He quit Kitty Section for her. 

Marinette thought about two other friends she had. Kagami and Chloe.

"I know that you are not a bully, Dupai- uh, Marinette! I know that you are a kind, selfless girl and I had always admired you from afar"

Marinette couldn't believe that Chloe, out of all people, knew her better than her closest friends.

"We all may have the same love interest, but you have never harmed anyone because of that. Not me. Or Chloe. To believe you hate someone over jealousy? I'm not that stupid"

Even Kagami had understood her more than her "bff"Alya. 

Taking a deep breath and wiping away tears, Marinette took in one last view of Paris. 

"I'm sorry guys. I tried but I can't do it anymore"

Then...she jumped.

Paris mourned for their lost heroine. Their hope. Their strength. It was all gone.

Lila tried to play it off as Marinette trying to make her look like the bad guy and trying to gain sympathy, but her kingdom had fallen.

Everyone, every single person in Paris, now knew that sweet, kind, caring Marinette Dupain-Cheng, was the brilliant, brave, selfless hero, Ladybug.

Alya was in tears and cried for hours. She had lost her bestfriend. She had driven Marinette to suicide. She had killed Ladybug.Adrien only then realised how he felt towards Marinette. He locked himself in his room, mouring over his princess, wishing he hadn't given her that stupid advice. The rest of the class was broken and in tears. Raging at the italian, and getting angry at themselves for believing the word of a lying snake, over their very own Everyday Ladybug. 

Tom and Sabine were lost for words. They had lost their beatiful angel. They tried to help her throught it, but had failed. Luka, Kagami and Chloe all felt loss, and couldn't bring themselves to speak to anyone, whether it be the press or the mindless sheep, and spent a few days with the Dupain-Chengs.

Everyone attended the funeral. Tom and Sabine allowed the class to come, much to Chloe's annoyance, but Luka and Kagami conviced her that this was the best 'revenge' they could give. The guilt was clear in their eyes. Guilt for betraying someone who had only wanted to help them.

The Dupain-Chengs soon changed their bakery name to Marinette's Bakery. And a statue of both Ladybug and Marinette was placed in the park, above her grave, to remember the girl who had given her all and sacrificed everything to save Paris, but no one could save her.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This one a bit sad

😥😥😭

Please vote, comment and follow

- Marshmallow